Position: Events Associate
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Available: Immediate
Position Location: New York, NY
EB Research Partnership (EBRP) is a national leader among nonprofits focused on rare diseases. It is the largest nonprofit in the world dedicated to funding research to treat and cure Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), a group of devastating and life-threatening genetic skin disorders that affect children from birth. EBRP utilizes an innovative business model of venture philanthropy, taking concepts from venture capital investing and applying them towards achieving research goals.
Overview of the Position:
Join a growing, passionate, and driven team focused on accelerating treatments and cures for patients around the world with EB. The Events Associate position is an opportunity to help lead an expanding events portfolio of more than 7 events across the country, including signature and community-led events.The Events Associate is responsible for collaborating with EBRP stakeholders to lead event planning, production, logistics, sponsorships, and execution.
● Develop the end-to-end strategy, planning, and management of fundraising events to include: budget, cultivation and retention of participants, soliciting corporate sponsorships, logistics and timelines, pre- and post-event follow up, committee recruitment and management, and design of marketing materials
● Execute high quality and engaging events that meet or exceed annual fundraising goals
● Lead event logistics including branding, auctions, food & beverage, registration, volunteers, staffing, speakers/ speeches, talent, transportation and hotel needs.
● Identify, maintain and build relationships with event sponsors, vendors, committees, and guests
● Track and manage ticket sales and sponsorships, draft communications, and execute sponsorship benefit packages
● Lead event evaluation including analysis of opportunities for growth, return on investment, potential new models and donors, etc. to ensure event sustainability and success
● Manage guest registration through event software platforms (OneCause, Blackbaud, Crowdrise)
● Provide excellent customer service to assist event guests from initial registration through live event
● Build out a Community Events program to support and increase national third-party event initiatives
● Create Event Sheets for each event detailing the key information to provide to staff and stakeholders
● A passion for EBRP’s mission
● Bachelor’s degree
● At least 1-2 years experience in event planning and execution
● Prior experience with event registration software or databases is highly preferred
● Responsible and dependable character
● Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a variety of constituencies
● Ability to lead event planning, handle multiple projects and work independently
● Cooperative attitude, willingness to learn, team approach
● Excellent organizational, writing, and communication skills
● Creative and entrepreneurial
● Some evening work and travel is required
Salary and Benefits
EBRP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com using “Last Name-Events Associate - Application” as the subject line.
EB Research Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law