Position Title: Events & Communications Associate
Reports To: Vice President, Communications
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Events & Communications Associate will plan and execute Community Foundation events and provide general communications support to deepen relationships with current & potential donors, professional advisors, nonprofit organizations, civic leaders and the Central New York community as a whole.
- Event Planning & Execution
- Create annual event calendar, work with staff to set major milestones for each event
- Produce and work from project timeline that tracks tasks for each event
- Design, print and coordinate mailing of print invitations
- Design and distribute email invitations
- Promote events on social media and website
- Maintain online event registration pages
- Liaison with staff or outside vendors on event details such as mailing lists, table set-up, food and beverage orders and AV requirements
- Track event registrations in database, prepare attendee lists
- Design and coordinate printing of signage
- Layout, print and prepare event handouts
- Plan and purchase decorations, gifts and favors
- Prepare nametags for attendees
- Logistics day of the event, such as onsite or offsite set-up of registration, audio visual, handouts and decorations
- Take photos at all events; maintain and promote online photo albums
- Communications Support
- Coordinate with and provide marketing support to the Community Foundation’s affiliate funds in the form of event promotions, public relations, collateral pieces, email announcements and other communications
- Write and distribute social media announcements and press releases
- Maintain website
- Design and place advertisements
- Maintain advertising contracts with outside vendors
- Write content and take photos for online and print publications
- Prepare collateral packets for use by staff in meetings or events
- Track social media interactions; prepare monthly reports for staff
- Order promotional items; maintain inventory
- Provide general communications, public relations and marketing support toward the implementation of publicity campaigns
- Deep interest in and commitment to the Central New York area, its people and their concerns
- Minimum of two years of similar event planning work experience required
- Project management experience a plus
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite publishing software and social media management a plus
This is a full-time, non-exempt position requiring 37.5 hours per week. Work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some flexibility. Occasionally, early, late or weekend hours are required for executing events onsite and offsite.
Employee benefits include health insurance, annual vacation and sick days, eleven paid holidays, term life insurance, additional disability insurance, parking, 401(k) retirement savings program with employer contribution and match, optional flex spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses and other benefits as outlined in the employee handbook.
Salary is dependent on experience.
TWO STEPS TO APPLY:
- Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writing and design layout samples encouraged. Please do not attach large attachments to your application email, as these may not get past our firewall. Instead, upload large sample files to: https://cnycf.sharefile.com/r-r5a2b4d8647b4135b
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
This description should not be construed to contain every function or responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job classification. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.