Meeting & Event Coordinator
Location: Boston, MADepartment: Event Venue Management
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
- Strategically plan, execute and manage meetings, conferences and events in accordance with client vision, while ensuring alignment with company identity.
- Develop client relationships and increase loyalty through exceptional communication, customer service and responsiveness.
- Manage multiple clients and off-site events simultaneously, serving as primary contact throughout planning process and scheduled events.
- Effectively communicate with clients, leading meetings and conversations to identify goals and needs for variety of corporate events.
- Provide direction and recommendations to client, strategically presenting elevated options while maintaining budgets and exceeding expectations.
- Develop and present comprehensive proposals inclusive of venue, catering, vendors, rentals and staffing.
- Facilitate event/meeting logistics including catering, audio/visual, strategic event layout, agenda content, and general event operations/management.
- Manage vendors, acting as liaison between client and vendor, during planning and events to meet deadlines and ensure quality.
- Successfully oversee event day operations, from start to end; including deliveries, set up, and breakdown, while maintaining time-line, directing vendor staff, and assisting client with needs during the event.
- Anticipate and resolve issues, developing resourceful and creative solutions.
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment such as audio, projection, computers and internet connectivity.
- Degree from an accredited college or university or comparable experience.
- 2+ years of self-managed experience in event services, meeting management, event coordination or planning.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically interpret and execute client vision while reinforcing company objectives.
- Experience working with diverse corporate clientele planning and executing seminars, meetings, corporate leisure and social events.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to initiate, plan, prioritize and oversee multiple projects successfully and meet frequent deadlines simultaneously.
- Persuasive communicator, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to foster client and vendor relationships.
- Superior knowledge of event/meeting logistics including catering, audio/visual, strategic event layout, agenda content, and general event operations/management.
- Results and deadline driven with strong ability to work independently.
- Positive, outgoing, and attentive demeanor, professional appearance, and consistently delivers high-impact customer service experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. EMS preferred. Ability to create computer generate floor plans and learn industry-specific software.
- Flexibility to adapt to a varied work schedule based on regular business hours plus event demands.
- Paid Training
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- 100% Company-Paid Healthcare Premiums (Medical & Dental)
- 401(k) Plan
- Special Industry Perks & Savings
NOTE: To be considered for this opportunity, your application submission must include an updated resume and cover letter.
Please apply online at: http://www.backbayeventscenter.com/