American Express is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks, with ~$10B in sales across its global travel network, operated by the Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) team. TLS additionally manages and services many primary benefits for Amex’s Premium Cards, including Platinum and Centurion, as well as supporting critical Co-Brand partnerships.
This Director will be responsible for the Cruise and Destination Experience partnerships team in Travel and Lifestyle Services (TLS), which includes defining and executing an integrated end-to-end growth strategy for these dynamic and fast-growing travel verticals as well as managing relationships with an extensive portfolio of leading cruise and destination experience brands.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define growth strategy for cruise and destination experiences in support of TLS’ Future is Now multi-year transformation agenda
- Manage preferred partnerships end-to-end, including annual contract negotiations, partner marketing, sponsorships, agent training, and benefit delivery through direct execution and collaboration with various cross-functional teams
- Work closely with TLS team who manages our network of franchised travel agents (the Rep Network) to drive strategic initiatives, agency engagement and financial growth for our collective businesses
- Drive revenue growth through contract negotiations as well as thoughtful partner and channel mix optimization
- Collaborate with TLS benefits, marketing, digital experience, offline servicing and technology capabilities teams to test and launch an industry-leading Card Member cruise benefit
- Support strategic, TLS-wide efforts to redefine our Card Member and supplier value proposition
- Align with internal partners throughout American Express, including Card Products, Benefits, Membership Rewards and Global Merchant services on shared partner/merchant initiatives and goals
- Continue advancing the centralization of domestic and international cruise and tour partnerships, where possible
- Coach a team with extensive industry experience on deepening and expanding relationships with partners, introducing a refreshed supplier value position and testing pilots with select partners
- Travel required for American Express sponsored events, partner events and industry events
TLS is a fast-paced, dynamic environment where team members thrive when they demonstrate an ability to drive results strategically and efficiently.
You should be:
- A self-starter who is strategic, has a customer-first mindset, and is a creative problem solver
- Adept at complex partnership management and negotiations
- +5 years in the travel industry, with cruise and/or tour industry experience a plus
- Proficient in revenue management and driving financial and customer engagement results
- Effective at collaborating cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
- A proven people leader who is capable of coaching top performers and leading a team that is largely virtually located
- Excellent at oral and written communication and comfortable public speaking
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2019, 12:40:18 PM