This position is primarily responsible for the recruitment, scheduling, training and coordination of volunteers required to run successful community special events, particularly Canada Day. The candidate will assist with coordinating various aspects of spring and summer events such as light programming, promotion, evaluation, logistics, set up and tear down. This position reports to the Event Supervisor.
This position requires the incumbent be able to work part-time hours of 10 to 15 hours per week and 35 hours per week from June 3 to July 5, 2019. Some evening work may be required.
- Assist Event Supervisor in all aspects of event planning and operations -
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead volunteers for Canada Day
- Review and Update Volunteer Descriptions and Roles
- Provide pre and post-event feedback and recommendations
- Liaise with volunteers and event stakeholders
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Post Secondary Education - Diploma in Event Management, Recreation Administration, Cultural Management preferred.
- Knowledge of special event volunteer management would be an asset
- Hire is dependent upon a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector/Child Intervention Check satisfactory to the City of Spruce Grove.
If you require assistance applying to this job, please contact our support staff and refer to job number: J0219-0130.