Assists in leading meetings and special events. Position assists in the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position has responsibility for executing all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales. Helps ensure the team meets the brand’s target customer needs, employee satisfaction, and focuses on growing event revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
• Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
• Develops an event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conduct daily walk-through of banquet floor to ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
Assisting in Leading Meetings and Special Events Teams
• Holds event management team accountable for desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Assists in execution of departmental goals in game plans.
• Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver excellent guest service.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
• Assists in creating and achieving the annual banquet budget.
• Focuses on building the property’s top line revenue by supporting the execution of the annual Meetings & Special Events Marketing Plan, and providing leadership to the team on post-contractual upselling efforts.
• Partners with sales team to ensure pricing and space allocations are in line with property guidelines for maximizing revenue opportunities.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
• Review customer service data to identify service failures and provide guidance on problem resolution.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, Health Department) regulations.
• Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
• Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations (e.g., BEO meetings, pre-event briefings, staff meetings, food and beverage team, culinary team).
• Ensures performance feedback is timely through the standard feedback processes