A great experience starts with you!
Honda Center aims to provide a great experience for employees and guest alike! Join the team and become part of an industry-leading sports and entertainment organization.
Once you've had a chance to explore our current open positions, apply to the ones you feel suit you best and keep track of both your progress in the selection process, and new postings that might interest you
The Event Manager will serve as the lead for event planning at the Honda Center, one of the premier entertainment and sports venues in the country. You will coordinate and oversee all phases of the events booked here, giving great attention to detail while maintaining high standard of customer service. You will complete client contracts regarding the event and all details including event type, space requirements, tech requirements, food and beverage requirements, etc. Excellent communication skills, and evening/weekend availability are a must.
Job Description Overview
Acting as the main liaison with promoter representatives and arena staff to coordinate, advance and manage logistics for assigned events. Manages the strategy and planning of activities, and oversees staff responsible for coordinating and organizing events of various sizes. Plans logistics with respect to budgets, entertainment, transportation, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, department staffing levels, and other related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between contractors, organizers, and management with regards to all facets of the programs and events.
- Reviews event rental agreement language to determine how to proceed with coordination efforts for assigned events.
- Ensures event rental agreements are signed, initial payments and insurance coverage have been received prior to event load in for assigned events.
- Responsible for coordination and advancement efforts for assigned events, including front of house and back of house logistics.
- Plans and monitors budgets, adjusts when necessary, and ensures they are adhered to.
- Communicates all necessary arena information to promoter representative for advancement purposes and will make sure all information related to events has been advanced to the appropriate arena departments and subcontractors.
- Prepares event sheets that gather all event-related information 5-7 days prior to assigned events for distribution.
- Will ensure event information and set-ups are accurate for all assigned events.
- Depending on rental agreement language, will prepare total reimbursable arena labor and rental equipment costs for assigned events in a timely manner.
- Will have full knowledge of arena, arena locations, equipment, building labor costs, arena promoter costs, departmental event staffing breakdowns, and all necessary contacts related to events.
- Responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships and communication with promoter representatives, arena departments and subcontractors.
- Responsible for coordinating animal permits, pyrotechnic permits, sign language interpreters, subcontractor staffing schedules, and other applications with appropriate entities for assigned events.
- Will act as Event Manager on Duty for assigned events.
- Acts as the building liaison for promoter representatives and acts as overall arena manager for assigned events.
- Understanding of building emergency procedures is required.
- Provides assistance with advance on site event meetings, tours and related needs.
- Helps to hires, train, and educate staff on proper event procedures.
- Ensures all work is performed in accordance with good industry practices and in compliance with all Honda Center regulations, policies and procedures.
- Analyzes all aspects of event performances with a strong focus on continuous improvements in the guest experience and event experience.
- Requires a high level of verbal and written communication, detailed planning and organizational skills.
- Will carry out special projects as assigned by the Director of Events.
- Will participate in AED/CPR training, emergency response teams, and other groups as required.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years experience in event planning
- Arena, Convention Center or other similar venue background is preferred
- CPR/AED certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays when required
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!