Catering Conference Services Manager #19712
Property Name Kimpton Toronto Hotel
Area of Interest Catering & Events
Alternate Posting Locations 4181-Kimpton Toronto Hotel
KIMPTON SAINT GEORGE TORONTO
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: To ensure the success of Conference Groups, serving as the liaison between the hotel operating departments and the client. The Conference Services Manager must strive to achieve a balance between service and the profitability of the organization. Through efficient management of the conference requirements, the goal is to capture the hotel's fair share of revenue through food, beverage, room rental and auxiliary services, such as audio visual provisions, storage and labor fees and other applicable fees. The design and management of conference logistics must include labor saving measures, as applicable.
To effectively communicate and coordinate all aspects of conference planning, to include menu selling and all other detail aspects of conference planning. Further, to ensure that the experience of the client is not merely satisfactory, but exceeds their expectations and those of the attendees.
- Coordinates meetings, conferences, exhibit shows or other special events and activities with accuracy and detailed communication outlines for the client and hotel departments, providing the appropriate memos, Banquet Event Orders, Group Profiles and other communications as necessary.
- Coordinates menu arrangements for conference clients that maximize the revenue potential for the hotel, while serving the needs of the client.
- In coordination with the Group Coordinator, obtains Conference rooming lists, monitors cut-off dates, obtains rooming lists by the due date and in accordance with the sales contract.
- Assists conference clients with off-premise (hotel) details as they may affect the hotel service delivery, such as floral concerns, motor coach requests, limousine requests, exhibit decorator requests, entertainment referrals, golf or sports arrangements, spousal programs, motor coach arrival/departure patterns, while informing all supporting hotel departments and maintaining the integrity of the hotel physical plant. All arrangements are to be assessed the appropriate charges to ensure that the hotel receives a fair share of revenue in relationship to the expenditure of time and labor.
- Obtains the appropriate approval of the Director of Catering for all purchases, rental or leasing of equipment or supportive requirements of conference groups prior to and in advance of the actual date of use.
- Maintains accurate and current space (room) blocks in the group function log, observing proper turnovers and releasing space appropriately and timely, so to maximize the revenue potential of the hotel through the booking of other business opportunities.
- Utilizes the office file system, trace system and general office systems in accordance with the current policies and procedures.
- Completes all special projects as assigned by the Director of Catering in a timely manner, while meeting the specified objectives of the assigned project.
- Maximizes the hotel's revenue potential by assessing/monitoring room rental fees, electrical charges, telephone charges, box delivery/storage fees, service fees and other revenue-generating factors in accordance to the sales contract and with regard to hotel policies.
Submits all conference menus, conference profiles, and event orders to the Director of Catering for review and signature, prior to issuance.
- Keeps the Director of Catering promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so that prompt and corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
- Maintains flexible hours to accommodate customer needs, due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry. Conference Services Managers may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Schedules appropriate interdepartmental meetings for the operational aspects of coordinating conference requirements, which may include pre-planning meetings or a Pre-Conference Meeting for the operational departments.
- Adheres to all organization polices, procedures, guidelines, as set forth by the human resources department.
- Prepares detailed CONFERENCE PROFILES (Resumes) for conferences that are comprehensive and issued in a timely manner (no less than five working days prior to the group arrival date). Provides an accurate CONFERENCE PROFILE that documents all aspects of a particular conference, to include menus, meeting set-ups, client profiles, reservation pick-up statistics and other pertinent information as outlined in the current departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares a comprehensive POST CONFERENCE REPORT on all conferences. This report should be prepared within 72 hours of departure and include: actual conference statistics versus projected (room pick-up, cover counts), profile of the attendees (i.e. use the health club, heavy room service, etc.), analysis of future potential, general observations and comments. Other important information may include the number of comps, VIPs, relocated attendees (walks) due to a sell to capacity (over sell), etc.
- Types contracts, banquet event orders, reports, correspondence as may be required.
- Maintains accurate and current space blocks in the group function room log, observing proper turnovers, releasing unused space as appropriate.
- Participates in the department forecasting procedure, compiling accurate (margin of 3%) and timely reports.
- Reviews all client invoices prior to mailing to ensure accuracy and proper assessment of all services and goods rendered by the hotel.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Must have extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Experience in Catering Sales/Conference Management.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently to interact with clients.
- Ability to analyze client needs and negotiate pricing and client requests.
- Basic mathematical skills that may be required to complete reports.
- Ability to work under time pressures and extensive hours.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Emulates the Kimpton Culture.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Maintains professional standards of dress and grooming which reflect a professional image.
- Refrains from accepting gratuities or incentives from vendors or suppliers that provide potential services to the hotel.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High school and college undergraduate degree preferred.