MCI is the world’s leading provider of strategic engagement and activation solutions and has been a key driver of innovation in the meetings, events, association and congress industries since 1987. Through creative live experiences and digitization, globalization, brand enhancement and content strategies, MCI helps multinational companies and international associations to enhance organizational performance, grow globally, energize communities and drive business results. With offices in 60 cities and 31 countries, MCI is a leader in driving results with inspiring meetings, events and congresses.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Sales Planning & Product Buyer (Meetings & Events)
What will you be doing….
Something different every day!
Using both your left brain and right brain regularly to develop creative proposals and detailed budgets
Using your research skills to source venues, hotels and destinations around the world
Learning about new products and suppliers
Coming up with creative solutions to suit our clients’ needs
Juggling multiple projects and deadlines
Working collaboratively with a team to brainstorm ideas
Negotiating contracts with hotels and suppliers
Project management for incoming client requests to ensure proposals are delivered on time
Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers and clients
To be successful in this role……
You have minimum 2 years’ experience in proposal development in the meetings, incentive or event industry
You thrive on developing innovative & creative event proposals
You have strong destination and venue knowledge and enjoy researching venues and event products
You are highly organized with a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced, fun & collaborative team environment
If you are excited about this opportunity and this sounds like you, come and join our team!
• Research, develop and write innovative & creative meeting and incentive proposals that win new clients and retain existing clients
• Develop detailed costings and budgets
• Act as a liaison with clients when required for proposal development and arranging site inspections
• Build strong relationships with key suppliers including hotels, airlines, cruise lines, convention visitor bureaus, venues, transportation & entertainment companies, restaurants, and DMCs to develop winning presentations
• Act as a subject matter expert on destination options
• Review, negotiate and sign off on vendor contracts signed by MCI on behalf of our clients
• Ensure that industry knowledge is in accordance with ‘best practices’ in the marketplace
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities
• Minimum of 2 years of direct relevant industry experience (meeting, incentive, event industry)
• Degree or Diploma in Hospitality/Event Management, Business/Communications or other related field, or equivalent experience
• Strong negotiation skills
• Demonstrated research skills
• Excellent verbal and written professional communication skills
• Enjoys overcoming objections/resistance and achieving goals in the face of obstacles, excellent trouble shooter and the ability to thrive under pressure
• Great customer service orientation and a positive attitude
• Well-developed time management skills: highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
• Interest in and commitment to ongoing learning
• Strong computer skills are a must: highly proficient levels in MS Office Suite
• Effectively able to use computer software and technology to organize and present information
• Cvent experience is an asset
• Willingness and able to travel in Canada and internationally as required
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
This is a 6-month contract position in our Toronto office, with the potential for a full-time permanent position.
Please email your resume and cover letter by March 14, 2019 in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, visit our website at www.mci-group.com/canada