Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Events Manager is responsible for overseeing all event logistics, working in partnership with the Global Events Team operations and content departments. Coordination of events will also include collaboration with executives and their representatives, field marketing and partner marketing. Responsibilities include managing logistics for conferences, tradeshows, customer meetings, data center openings, sales events, executive meetings, internal department offsites and other events as needed. The position reports into Events Logistics Department, which is part of the Global Events Team.
- Participate in the strategic planning process for meetings and events, including identifying event objectives and constructing initial budgets
- Vendor sourcing/selection, management and supervision
- Venue sourcing/selection, management and supervision
- Manage budgets, track and report expenditures, and reconcile event billing
- Monitor timelines for multiple events, including sponsorship deliverables, payment schedules, communication deadlines, etc.
- Collaborate with Equinix colleagues to plan and execute events – this includes working closely with executives, field marketing, partner marketing, creative services, digital marketing, social media, brand and other teams
- Manage tradeshow booth creation, set-ups, staffing, etc.
- Review event communication (websites, invitations, emails) for information accuracy
- Lead event planning calls throughout the entirety of the event lifecycle
- Create and/or contribute to post-event reports and debriefs
- Process expense reports, PO requests, contracts, etc.
- Advocate for compliance with Equinix T&E and budget policies for all events
- Travel for site inspections, pre-planning meetings and to manage events, sometimes with short notice
- Must have experience managing high-touch, executive events
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Deadline-oriented with attention to detail and process
- Possess strategic planning skills, including the ability to create unique and positive attendee experiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly collaborative and transparent
- Able to work independently and accomplish goals with little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
- Exposure to Cvent meeting management tool
- Must be able to move and lift boxes occasionally
- Minimum five years of experience working in a professional business environment
- Minimum five years of experience managing corporate events/conferences/tradeshows
- Bachelor’s Degree in related subject (Marketing, Communication, Hospitality) preferred
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.