Catering & Event Coordinator
START YOUR APPLICATION
Status: Full Time Salaried
Schedule: Weekdays, (Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm) and as Business Requires
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Catering & Event this position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Catering department and the Director of Catering & Events Service. Responsibilities include computer literacy in the form of word processing, spreadsheets and other tangible or graphic materials to support the Catering operation. In addition this person will maintain a high standard of service focus whilst playing the liaison role between our clients, other departments and the Catering associates by correspondence, telephone or directly in person.
The key responsibilities of the Catering & Event Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Provides daily administrative support with a strong emphasis on typing internal BEO’s, as well as proposals, compiling reports, etc.
- Supports the Administration Department when needed and deemed appropriate
- Ensures daily BEO’s are distributed promptly and accurately to appropriate Departments; Booking in house meetings and training seminars
- Handles all aspects of special requests for function events processed through the Catering Department ie; menus, place cards, seating plans, thank you letters and catering kits etc.
- Qualifies catering inquiries and forwards on to the appropriate Catering Manager, Conference Services Manager or Director
- Updating and maintaining the Catering package and Opera with any menu changes
- Handle all telephone, fax correspondence and email contacts in a professional and timely manner on behalf and in concert with the catering associates
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing system on existing accounts
- Responsible for booking events for internal clients (ie. Associates)
- Download, format and catalogue pictures and photographs to be used in hotel promotional material.
- Collation and management of reports on spreadsheets to facilitate analysis.
- Participate in weekly catering meetings and provide accurate minutes of the proceedings
- Design and coordinate printing of Catering menus and promotional material
- Participation in the Associate Response Team & Website Committees.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, results-driven professional that has the ability to deliver a high quality level of accuracy in their work. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Two (2) years in an administration capacity within the Hotel industry preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in banquets and/or food and beverage outlet
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel and word, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset
- “Serving It Right” Certificate, Certified in Food Handling and Food Safe 1
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy
- Design – eye for design, strong working knowledge with graphics, menu layout, page layout precision
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional documents and communications.