Conference & Event Coordinator – Global Corporate Communications & Marketing Team
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization. Our company, including a Contract Research Organization (CRO) and Contract Commercial Organization (CCO), is purpose-built to accelerate customer performance to address modern market realities. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies – INC Research and inVentiv Health – we bring together more than 21,000 clinical and commercial minds with the ability to support customers in more than 110 countries. Together we share insights, use the latest technologies and apply advanced business practices to speed our customers’ delivery of important therapies to patients. To learn more about how we are shortening the distance from lab to lifeTM visit SyneosHealth.com.
The Global Corporate Communications & Marketing (GCC&M) team is seeking a results/detail-oriented conference & event professional to join the Market Engagement team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Conferences & Events the coordinator will work closely with the Conference & Event team on small conferences & events, internal meetings. This full-time, Coordinator role requires the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and manage time efficiently to meet deadlines. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are a must as this role will require a significant amount of logistical tracking. Equally important, the ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, high energy, team spirit and a drive to deliver results.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
· Provide dedicated administrative support to the Corporate Conference and Event Director (e.g., scheduling and calendar maintenance, meeting planning, travel bookings in Concur, expense reporting in Oracle )
· Will serve as the “go-to” person on the team and point of contact for all team inquiries, system questions, etc.
· Familiarity with the GCC&M annual budget and associated invoicing process; ability to submit team invoices, track expenditure and reconcile figures
· Participation in regular GCC&M meetings; facilitating follow-up with key stakeholders to ensure prioritization, understanding and completion of key initiatives
· Supports planning of small conference and small meeting logistics including: sourcing, negotiations, contracting, registration, room block, F&B, AV, budget etc
· Maintains the records of all event/meeting aspects, including financial details by reviewing final bills, approving spend and ensuring payment to the vendor.
· Ability to directly negotiate with outside service vendors and develop and maintain positive vendor relationships
· Work with third party vendors to execute conferences and evets e.g. exhibit management house, travel management partner, hotels, DMC’s ect
· PowerPoint development for conference and meeting weekly planning calls
-Ability to power ad-hoc request and support team members on specific projects as appropriate
This candidate should be able to use independent discretion and judgment while providing administrative support and project management for executive-level projects. This person will enjoy a collaborative work environment and manage schedules and project timelines to ensure deadlines for deliverables are met, proactively providing updates on project progress as necessary.
North America - USA-New-York-450-W-15th Street
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Syneos Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, marital status, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status and will not be discriminated against.