Sr. Manager - Global Events
Marketing San Jose, California
Ready to make an impact on the global automation revolution? McKinsey Global Institute ranked “automation of knowledge” work as #2 in their top 12 disruptive technologies that will transform life, business, and the global economy. Automation Anywhere is the market leader in driving the adoption of robotic process automation technology across leading Fortune 1000 and other companies across more than 90 countries. At Automation Anywhere, we are passionate in our belief that Digital Colleagues will free people to create, think, discover, and ultimately build great companies.
The Events Manager is an exciting new position at Automation Anywhere, reporting to the Sr. Director - Events. It has been created to focus on managing numerous tradeshows well as other events including partner events throughout the US. Automation Anywhere takes pride in putting on unique world class events. This person must have exceptional project management skills, be someone who has a deep understanding of events, and is highly collaborative.
This is an Individual Contributor role responsible for managing US events, in collaboration with other global event planners. This role is based in San Jose, CA.
- Manage all aspects of trade show and event plan, deadlines, and deliverables
- Oversee internal teams and external vendors to deliver on time and within budget
- Define and execute the communications plan (emails, conference calls, calendars, etc.) to keep internal stakeholders informed about all information related to events
- Determine trade show and road show target audience, goals, and objectives to ensure success
- Create event strategy, branding, themes, marketing, and timelines
- Work with internal teams to identify successful event measurements & outcomes
- Develop qualitative and quantitative pre- and post-event surveys, post-event evaluation, reporting, and analysis
- Analyze and summarize lead data for distribution to sales for follow-up
- Determine road show agenda framework: topics, priorities, concerns, gaps, opportunities
- Identify, order, and ship trade show assets: giveaways, collateral, videos, entertainment, etc
- Identify creative ways to market to new audiences and stakeholders
- Capture accurate budget information, proactively communicate budget status, including overages
- Source, manage, and negotiate agreements and contracts with vendors
- Manage all venue logistics before, during and after the events, including setup, teardown, and staffing
- BA/BS Required (Hospitality, Marketing, or Business Degree Preferred)
- 10+ years in corporate event management
- 5+ years experience managing tradeshows and roadshows
- Experience working with event management agencies and other vendors
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Sheets
- Experience working with a project management tool like Asana or Smartsheet helpful
- Salesforce and Marketo experience a plus
- A proficient, well organized, and detailed oriented project manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in hiring external vendors and negotiating contracts
- Ability to develop relationships with employees, vendors, attendees and partners
- Strong team player and leader who will hold others accountable to deliverables and budgets
- Experienced in budget management and tracking
- Calm-under-pressure during times of stress and the ability to think of solutions on the spot
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.