Be part of building a national brand. Headquartered in Toronto, the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high-performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including the participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Game Plan, the Coordinator, Game Plan is responsible to lead the execution of all marketing and communications activities as well as supporting the Game Plan team in the creation and management of all aspects of Game Plan’s national programs and services. The position will require creativity, excellent attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, leadership and an entrepreneurial attitude. The objective of this position is to ensure Game Plan is providing world-class programming to Canada’s National Team athletes.
Game Plan, powered by Deloitte, is Canada’s total athlete wellness program. Game Plan is a collaboration between the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC), Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC), Sport Canada and Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute Network (COPSIN).
This position will be located in the COC office in Montreal, QC, at 500 René-Lévesque Boulevard West. Other areas could be considered depending on applications received.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
Program and service support (40%)
- Ensure Game Plan programs and services are aligned with and support the broader mission and vision of Game Plan as outlined in the strategy.
- Work with Game Plan team to support the more than 20 programs and services available to National Team athletes throughout 2019-2020 as outlined in the program strategy.
- Assist with delivery of regional programs and services where applicable.
- Track Game Plan’s and its partners’ obligations and mandates to ensure they’re being delivered upon.
- Lead the ongoing development and maintenance of the Game Plan website on a regular basis (mygameplan.ca).
- Oversee quality of the website (bilingual, content, functionalities, issue management)
- Serve as a support resource for Salesforce development and improvement
- Service as a point of contact for the sport system and media
- Manage the acceptance of athletes onto the Game Plan site via Salesforce
- Ensure execution of Game Plan research opportunities and research
- Oversee the email@example.com email and provide responses to issues in a timely manner
- Support the National Game Plan Team, Game Plan Advisors and COC or COC with ad hoc opportunities
Marketing and communications (40%)
- Ensure Game Plan marketing opportunities and communications are aligned with and support the broader mission and vision of Game Plan as outlined in the strategy.
- Execute Game Plan brand management strategy:
- Oversee the use of Game Plan’s voice & Game Plan Brand book
- Send external and internal communications
- Newsletter, mass email, etc.
- Oversee branding consistency of regional events, workshops and programming
- Coordinate, develop and create relevant content with the team
- Ensure all material is available in EN/FR
- Work with freelance designers and translators as needed ensuring high quality work.
- Support development of content calendar and approve while ensuring it aligns with the broader marketing strategy.
- Support development of content, blogs, etc.
Event preparation (20%)
- Lead planning and manage the logistics of all major Game Plan events (i.e. Bi-annual Summit, Game Plan Day in Canada, YouToi2.0, etc.)
- Ensure Game Plan attends relevant stakeholders’ events
- Develop activations at events (Olympic Lab, Major Games, etc.)
- Assist with Game Plan team event organization
- Quarterly meetings, staff travel, marketing and partnerships events
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- University or college degree in business, communications, marketing, or event management, or a related field
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in administration, marketing, communications or event management
- Post-graduate degree in a relevant field considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System and Canadian athletes, particularly high-performance sport
- Demonstrated experience managing events
Skills and Abilities
- Time and priority management; ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects and tasks
- Initiative and ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain excellent work relationships with the various internal and external stakeholders of the COC
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work some weekends and week nights is required
- Sense of humour
- English and French fluency written and spoken
- Professionalism and tact to manage delicate situation
- Must have a valid passport
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by March 26, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The COC is committed to ensuring our recruitment and selection processes and work environment are inclusive and barrier-free. Accommodation is available upon request for individuals taking part in all stages of our recruitment and selection processes. Please advise the recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs due to a disability are accommodated. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.