The position is responsible for serving as the initial point-of-contact within the Meetings, Conferences and Program Development department. The position is also responsible for booking and supporting off-site meetings and events, as needed. The position is further responsible for assisting with planning events, managing all registration questions, answering publications inquiries, providing general information on team projects and completing updates on member company demographics and mailing lists. The position reports directly to the Managing Director, Meetings, Conferences and Program Development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in planning meetings for American Chemistry Council (ACC)-sponsored workshops, seminars, conferences, events, etc.
- Handles all aspects of receiving, processing and confirmation of registrations for attendees.
- Assists with the preparation and production of meeting materials, including attendee badges.
- Responds to member and public inquiries, as well as provides substantive answers and materials, as needed, or refers inquiries to other team members.
- Acquires a working knowledge of ACC issues and activities.
- Responds to requests for meeting/workshop/event information.
- Prepares and monitors contracts, payment batches, expense reports, and invoice requests for payments.
- Serves as the liaison to the Finance and Accounting department, for all financial transactions.
- Works closely with the Receptionist and caterers to support daily ACC meetings in the Conference Center, as well as off-site meetings and events, as needed.
- Updates membership database, as needed.
- Maintains department supplies and manages vendors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three years’ relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of meeting coordination.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks, and work independently.
- Ability to travel within the United States.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with internet and database applications.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of on-line registration tool (CVENT), Customer Relations Management (CRM) database, and SharePoint.