Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and spark excitement.
This position is responsible for the execution of merchandise-oriented promotions/events to drive sales within Macy's stores for a geographic region. The position networks and partners with a combination of internal and external resources including personnel in stores as well as the Merchant organization and external community partners and vendors. Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel requirement: Moderate travel to stores within regional area of responsibility.
- Executes all approved event strategies within the store or market.
- Facilitates opportunities for the events to include local vendor and 3rd party income.
- Manages relationships with all store teams, vendors, sponsors, internal clients and community partners to form partnerships that enhance events.
- Offers creative, relevant and unique event ideas; has the pulse on current events, pop culture and new ideas.
- Attends, evaluates and communicates information on competitive events.
- Supports administrative tasks as necessary, including writing purchase orders, tracking expenses, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts.
Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- 2-3 years of event management experience
- Computer proficiency to include: knowledge of internet/ navigating web, Word and Excel documents and power point.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal, including the ability to present and sell event concepts.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Resourceful self-starter; works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- Ability to set up/break down events, lifting of 10lbs.
- Ability to remain flexible to changing business needs and react to those needs in a professional positive manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Interpersonal and project management skills.
- Must be willing and able to travel to regional store locations as business dictates.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work key holidays, weekends, and off hours as needed.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.