Job Locations US-NY-New York
- Requisition ID
- Corporate - People Practices
- Functional Area
The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; The Chicago Theatre; and the Wang Theatre in Boston. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL) and the New York Liberty (WNBA); two development league teams -- the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and one of the leading North American esports organizations, Counter Logic Gaming. In addition, the Company features popular original entertainment productions -- the Christmas Spectacular and New York Spectacular – both starring the Radio City Rockettes, and through Boston Calling Events, produces outdoor festivals, including New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, The Stanton Social, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
The Coordinator will support the SVP, VP, Directors, Managers & Sr. Coordinators on the Events team with the implementation, production and execution of wide-ranging events that are conducted in conjunction with the various properties of The Madison Square Garden Company, including the Knicks, Rangers, Live, Productions, Garden of Dreams and MSG Corporate. The Coordinator will also perform administrative responsibilities relating to on-going events and projects of the MSG Events department.
This position will be responsible for answering phone calls and written correspondence from outside entities and maintaining and organizing department files and event analysis reports. With assistance and direction from the Vice President, Directors and Managers, this position will assist with the production of event-related tasks. In addition, with the assistance and direction from the Vice President this position will process invoices and payments to vendors.
The Coordinator will also be responsible for maintaining databases, tracking event expenses and assisting with the budget process.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Assisting with preparing documents relating to the event process
- Maintenance of departmental records, including budgets, event files and music event playlists.
- Coordinate process of investigating venue availability and related costs both on-site and off-site.
- Work with team on creation and maintenance of post-event analyses.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing electronic event portfolio through the gathering and documentation of details and photos from each event.
- Assist MSG events team with event needs, special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Track expenses for all events.
- Coordinate event responsibilities as assigned including – COI’s, event insurance requirements and contracts.
- Administrative duties (as assigned): answering phones, filing, etc.
- Ability to work both corporate hours plus event hours, inclusive of evenings and weekends
- Some experience in event management or event planning
- Bachelor’s in Business or similar field
- Detail-oriented self-sufficient individual with great interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as a team within various groups and departments
- Detail oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive computer skills – with intensive knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of sports & entertainment
- Knowledge of budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of meeting planning
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.