Intertask Conferences is a national Meeting and Event-planning firm headquartered in Ottawa with a strategic partnership with JPdL of Montréal; with combined operations creates the largest event management organization in Canada. Fully integrated operations provide clients with services coast to coast from offices in Québec City, Montréal, Tremblant, Ottawa, Toronto/Niagara and Vancouver.
Reporting to the Senior Director and/or internal Project Managers, this highly motivated individual will be a key contributor to the continued success of Intertask Conferences, which primarily services Canadian and international associations, and government.
You will be responsible for the coordination of assigned operational and logistical arrangements for conferences, trade shows and special events.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated and increasingly responsible experience in coordinating and implementing logistics for conferences, trade shows and special events;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and associated programs;
- Ability to contribute to existing client relationships and develop additional business;
- Recent experience with Social Media development; audience participation and polling platforms; Cloud based conference applications.
- Post-secondary education;
- Diploma / Certificate in Event Management preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to perform overtime as required;
- Ability to travel to conferences held across Canada (approximately 3 to 8 weeks a year);
- Must be detail oriented, discreet and tactful;
- Must be able to obtain an Level 1 Confidential security clearance with the federal government;
- A strong team player, capable of working with multiple individuals and personality types;
- Demonstrates self-control and good judgment in pressure situations;
- Self-starter, can work independently;
- Possesses a dynamic, mature and positive “can-do” / solutions oriented attitude;
- Ability to learn new concepts;
- Tech savvy;
- Bilingual in English and French (preferred).
Tasks and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Establishing & clarifying conference objectives;
- Prospecting & negotiating for sponsorships and exhibit sales;
- Coordination of sponsorship benefits and fulfillment;
- Event Budgeting; subcontracting;
- Establishing & coordinating all event, meeting & conference logistics: supplier negotiations;
- Identifying & negotiating with selected sites;
- Arranging for facilitators;
- Arranging for and providing on-site security;
- Mitigating and managing risk;
- Arranging & providing for travel and accommodations for delegates & speakers and others as required;
- Arranging & providing for transportation of participants and shipping of materials;
- Planning, managing function room and AV requirements;
- Arranging & providing for support services: report preparation, rapporteurs, conference publishers, on-site translation, SI, IT hardware/software, electronic polling;
- Arranging development of logos, letterhead, signage;
- Coordinating exhibits and booth setup;
- Coordinating hospitality, food and beverage;
- Distribution of related material, before, during & after the event;
- Coordinating the collation and distribution of conference kits.
- Monitors timelines and sends reminders;
- Social media implementation / monitoring;
- Corporate representation at networking events;
- Salary commensurate with experience;
- Generous benefits package: medical, dental, long-term disability, life, profit sharing;
- Please submit a covering letter with salary expectations and résumé to email@example.com
Intertask sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.