Intertask Conferences is a nationally recognized Meeting and Event-planning firm headquartered in Ottawa with a strategic partnership with JPdL of Montréal, creating the largest event management organization in Canada.
Intertask Conferences serves as the secretariat and administrator for several not-for-profit, membership based, professional Canadian associations.
We have an immediate opening for a regular/part-time bilingual registration/event administrator with strong administrative and customer service skills who has experience working with online databases.
- Respond to conference delegate inquiries by email and telephone;
- Maintenance of websites - updating content, posting announcements, etc.;
- First point of contact for conference delegates; respond to telephone and email inquiries;
- Gather information from conference speakers such as biographies and photographs; set-up tracking system for information received;
- Pre-conference material preparation – delegate badges and information;
- Research information required for both city and venue selection;
- Be onsite at conferences as a member of the registration team - travel may be required;
- Assist with testing and proof reading online registration sites.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Bilingual (English and French) – written, spoken and reading comprehension;
- Strong administrative skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required for formatting large documents, drafting agenda/minutes, maintaining budgets, sending regular reminders to membership about upcoming events;
- Know how to organize and respond to an above average volume of email communication;
- Ability to set priorities for multiple projects, meet deadlines and work on tasks simultaneously;
- Superior attention to detail required for proof reading with above average writing and grammar skills;
- Be customer focused;
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Hours of work will range between 20 and 40 per week depending upon the time of the year
- Rate of pay: $20-$22/hour
- Contract position
- Ability to attain Enhanced Reliability security clearance with the federal government;
- Computer skills and proof reading evaluation may be administered.
Please forward a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with Registration/Event Coordinator in the subject line.
Intertask thanks all those who submit an application; however, only those invited to an interview will be contacted.
Agencies will not be considered.