Under the direction of the Associate Director – Advancement Programs, University Advancement (UA), Faculty of Medicine, the Engagement & Events Officer will develop and implement the delivery of strategic programs and initiatives, including high-impact events, designed to engage donors, alumni, parents, students and friends in support of the Faculty’s philanthropic programs.
- Through strategic programming and event planning, develop new and creative means of engaging and providing contact points for a wide range of audiences by demographic cohort, region, affinity, or other.
- Offer creative input to help the Faculty engage its global alumni community, solicit new gifts, and convey the impact of philanthropy to a wide range of audiences to foster dialogue, promote engagement and increase philanthropic support.
- Plan and oversee an annual schedule of events for the purpose of augmenting and nurturing alumni and friend engagement with the Faculty. Work closely with colleagues from internal and external teams to ensure the success of these events and to ensure that advancement-building strategies support overall UA engagement goals and objectives.
- Oversee and participate when required, the creation of content, such as invitation and other materials required for events and engagement programs, and ensuring that they are consistent with the Faculty’s branding and visual guidelines, and quality standards.
- Nurture productive and collaborative internal relationships with fundraisers, communications professionals, suppliers, students and other stakeholders across the Faculty to optimize messages and strategies aimed at fostering the Faculty’s relationship and fundraising success with a wide variety of existing and prospective donors.
- Establish and maintain a budget for engagement programs and events.
- Support the efforts of volunteers, such as the Parents Committee and Faculty Advancement Board, in planning meetings and events.
- Contribute significantly to the attainment of the Faculty’s objectives and targets for fundraising and donor engagement.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is March 27, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.