VENUE MANAGER (SEASONAL)
Rooftop Films has grown tremendously over the last few years, and we are looking for a Venue Manager to take a crucial role in the production of the Summer Series. The Rooftop Films Summer Series runs every weekend, May – August, presenting 50 shows at over 19 different outdoor locations in NYC.
This is a flexible, creative position, employing a variety of skills. The Venue Manager will assist with in-office preparations for and on-site management of all Rooftop Films Summer Series screenings. Responsibilities include pre-season preparations, permitting, liaison to sponsors, execution of sponsorship activations, as well as supporting the Operations Manager in general event preparation and execution as needed. Rooftop screens in multiple locations that require unique event management systems and procedures; since there are many venues, each with their own particulars, certain basics change from venue to venue. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The Venue Manager position begins in April through the end of August, ending one week after the last Summer Series screening, with the possibility of part time work before and after the season.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- ON-SITE EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Manage and lead event support staff and volunteers:
- Set-up and manage box office/ticketing
- Supervise load in and load out
- Supervise chair set-up, tables and tents for Rooftop Films, bar, sponsors, etc.
- Manage set-up and supervise staffing of Rooftop Films information and merch tables
- Oversee crowd flow, ushering, security, audience relations, permit compliance, and safety protocols
- Liaison with venue and their staff
- Hospitality (talent, sponsors, etc.)
- IN-OFFICE EVENT PLANNING
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager, and other office FOH staff, the Venue Manager will be responsible for the following in relation to events:
- Assist with securing venue and event permitting (D.O.B, Parks Dept., Catering, etc.)
- Financial management: track and manage show related expenditures.
- Communicate with other FOH staff to assist with prepping and packing show materials, creating signage and other logistics as needed
- Attend weekly department meetings prior to all shows they will be supervising
- Liaison with venues in advance of screenings regarding arrival, rain plans and other contingencies
- Create individual event information sheets for all Summer Series events
- Summer Series “wrap-up” and paperwork at the end of the summer.
- Minimum 3 years event production, house management, venue operations management and/or film festival experience.
- Possess flexibility, strong organizational, project management, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Be culturally engaged. A familiarity with and interest in independent film is a plus.
- An understanding and dedication to our mission.
- Ability to thrive in a small team environment, to take responsibility and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal staff and external constituencies at all levels.
- Supervisory/training experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required, including spreadsheets and databases; familiarity with Adobe Creative a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including evenings and weekends.
- Understanding of and experience securing permits a plus.
Full Time Start Date: May 2019
HOW TO APPLY
We recommend you look over our website www.rooftopfilms.com to thoroughly learn about our organization. Then send a resume, cover letter, and references to: Kate Gellene, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the position in the subject line. Applications must be received by April 26, 2019.
NO PHONE CALLS OR FOLLOW UP EMAILS PLEASE.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email. Not all applicants will receive interviews.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Rooftop Films is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women and people of color to apply.