The Police Athletic League (PAL) is the largest independent youth organization in New York City that provides educational and recreational activities for children and young adults. PAL Inc. and The New York City Police Department work in partnership to provide communities with summer and after-school recreational and educational activities.
We are looking for a full-time Special Events Coordinator who will work closely with the Development Director and Development Team in the planning, organizing, implementation, and execution of all special events and general office administration.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with planning of special events calendar.
- Administer Net Community – download donations and process.
- Enter donations in Event Module.
- Enter pledges into R.E.
- Prepare queries/exports for all events, mailings, Committee letters and acknowledgments.
- Add mailing lists - obtained from Honorees, Chairs, Committee members into the database.
- Add potential raffle, auction donors, etc. - into Special Events database.
- Ongoing data entry.
- Segment lists for follow-up calls.
- Create websites for events.
- Co-Coordinate Special Events journals.
- Proof all Special Event materials.
- Keep up with philanthropic and corporate news/trends/changes and maintain a research folder of such materials for special event enhancement.
- Assist with correspondence per Director.
- Provide photos for press opportunities.
- Assist with creation of Save the Date, Invitation and Journal.
- Proof all materials.
- Research information for individualized letters for potential honorees & donors.
- Research Major Corporate Executives for Special Events Committees through Crain’s, Google, Bloomberg, etc. and add to Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with researching potential Committee members from newspaper articles, websites, Board & honorees’ lists, etc.
- Calls to potential donors for support.
- Calls to donors for guest lists.
- Calls to donors for journal ads.
- Calls to donors for raffles, favors, auction items
- Segmenting, printing, and processing of all acknowledgments for each event.
- Create query and export for acknowledgments for each event.
- Assist with weekly event income reports.
- Maintain tally of daily event income.
- Maintain outstanding pledge reports.
- Process and mail outstanding pledge statements.
- Follow-up calls to O.P. statements with Director.
- Assist with Business Luncheons.
- Assist with preparing reports, agendas for committee and Board meetings.
- Help cover phones, open mail, order, and stock supplies, maintain office equipment.
- Keep abreast of philanthropic news/trends and maintain a research folder for fundraising.
- Assist as needed with filling out vouchers and messenger requests for the department.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree a must.
- Minimum of two year’s experience as a development professional in a non-profit organization.
Skills & Knowledge/General Comments
- Demonstrated skills and competency in business and creative writing.
- Fluency with Raiser’s Edge and basic software applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak professionally to staff, constituents, board members and funders.
- Must be detail oriented, extremely organized and able to multi-task, work independently and with the development team.
- Familiarity and compliance with office protocols involving dress, demeanor, record keeping, confidentiality, staff meetings, visitors, and employee use of supplies and equipment.
No calls, please. External recruiters and agents, please don’t contact this job poster.
Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.