Senior Director of Sales and Special Events, Full Time
Overall responsibility for implementing to the total sales effort of the Special Events Department, including securing new bookings, maintaining existing accounts, supervising sales activities and training within the department staff, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the department while maintaining customer satisfaction. Contribute to team effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Achieve and grow yearly topline revenues, while staying within expense budget; actively seek out new business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in the wedding, corporate, group, tea, photo, film, convention, and concierge market.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Drive results by establishing sales objectives and developing quotas for all team members.
- Actively prospect and acquire new accounts/clients.
- Direct the scheduling of event execution including account assignments for efficiency and organized work flow.
- Assure that the contract details, set up coordination, outside vendor arrangements, and other necessary logistics/arrangements are in place for successful event execution.
- Effectively manage the performance of the sales team, and direct work and tasks towards achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provide sales training and development to ensure all inquiries and requests are consistently met in a timely manner.
- Manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Accurately reports variances/projections.
- Assure accurate sales contract compliance and timely billing/receipts for expenses.
- Assist the Senior Vice President with the preparation of the annual budget to achieve attainable revenue goals.
- Coordinate and prepare annual marketing plan with the Senior VP.
- Oversee and/or train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner
- College degree preferred
- Five years’ sales and sales leadership required; hospitality/event experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written/grammatically correct communication skills; proficient computer skills (knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Outlook, etc.); ability to prepare statistical analysis and forecasting
- Ability to create a cohesive team for successful sales and event execution; professional image and conduct
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to walk across garden repeatedly as needed and to physically conduct client/vendor tours in the garden and to visit prospects/vendors offsite when needed to actively promote Special Events.
- Texas driver’s license required to operate garden vehicles and to drive to offsite locations
Submit resume to email@example.com