Special Events Assistant
New York, NY, US
City Harvest is New York City’s largest food rescue organization, helping to feed the more than 1.2 million New Yorkers who are struggling to put meals on their tables. We will rescue 61 million pounds of food this year and deliver it, free of charge, to hundreds of food pantries, soup kitchens and other community partners across the five boroughs. Our programs help food insecure New Yorkers access nutritious food that fits their needs and desires; increase our partners’ capacity; and strengthen the local food system, building a path to a food-secure future for all New Yorkers. To learn more about our work, visit CityHarvest.org.
The Special Events Assistant supports the Special Events department in planning and executing small to large-scale fundraising events and projects. In this role, they also provide general administrative work and coordination of all events including City Harvest’s signature events: BID, Gala, and Summer in the City.
- Processes event payments and maintains updated donor records in City Harvest’s database, i.e. Raiser’s Edge.
- Prepares and executes event-related mailings through snail mail and email.
- Work in collaboration with the External Relations department and other key departments to coordinate production for event materials.
- Coordinates event-related tax acknowledgement process which includes obtaining signatures and delivering paperwork to donors.
- Completes monthly budget report for the Special Events team.
- Supports department onsite for events including check-in, gift bag distribution, production, auction details and organization of onsite materials.
- Maintains Special Events internal tracking documents.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and preparing meeting materials.
- Continuously maintain the inventory of the Special Events supplies.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1 year of event related experience preferred.
- Regularly sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone.
- Occasionally stand for sustained periods of time.
- Competitive market salaries
- Full benefits offerings (incl. medical, dental, vision) with employer contributions towards premiums
- Employer provided life insurance
- Discounted staff perks (e.g. movie tickets, gym memberships, cellular plans)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer-matching
- Generous time off
- Professional development opportunities
At City Harvest, we enjoy working in a team-based environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace. City Harvest is an equal employment opportunity employer.