Special Event Coordinator
West Palm Beach, FL
AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world’s largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG’s divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Special Events Coordinator shall be responsible for the planning, budgeting, and implementation of events as assigned by the General Manager including the backstage hospitality for touring artists when applicable. Under administrative direction of the General Manager, the Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting tenants with their scheduled events. This position will be responsible for equipment, supplies, inventory and physical plant areas involved in this position (dressing rooms, backstage hospitality and similar areas). The Events Coordinator also serves as the venue representative to local hotels and develops relationships and coordinates pricing with these organizations.
- Review touring artist hospitality riders and provides budget for items and services as listed. Assist manager in ensuring proper support staff to fulfill of contractual arrangements and works vendors associated within the area.
- Oversee backstage service on show days including but not limited to providing meals, dressing room set up, light wardrobe duties, and runner duties.
- Assist Production Manager with needs such as copying, providing information to acts, getting artists list to box office or other similar functions.
- Book or make recommendations of local hotels for the acts and their entourage. Negotiate annual prices, secures partner agreements with General Manager and handle tracking of free rooms and use of same. Provide quarterly report.
- Produce detailed budgeting information including, but not limited to: pre-show budget based on rider, receipts and analysis of day of show expenses, inventories of stock on hand, annual needs (towels, equipment, durables)
- Build and cultivate relationships with vendors such as caterers, hotels and equipment providers to negotiate for best pricing available.
- Maintain database of potential targets for Special Events and participates in solicitation efforts. May conduct assigned market research as directed.
- Participate in association meetings for event planners and similar organization. Attend meetings, network, and provides data to General Manager.
- Manage events as assigned and work as the direct contact for the special events. Attend rental meetings and provide budgets.
- Prepares checklists, schedules and other correspondence for departments relative to events. May prepare detailed outlines and instructions for events as required
- This position may also assist with ordering of venue supplies, staff uniform shirts/outfits and maintain hospitality files (hotels, maps, menus) for quick access and acts as liaison for same.
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Experience in hospitality and food service industries
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); and ability to learn required business systems
- Knowledge of legal and risk issues surrounding food service, contract fulfillment and leases
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills to interface with artists, management, tenants and other high profile persons
- Highly organized and flexible. Able to work under pressure calmly.
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.