Operations & Events Manager
The Operations & Events Manager works under the supervision of the Director of Operations and is responsible for ensuring smooth management of Headlands Center for the Arts’ administration and daily operations, including the facility rental program, and IT and internal communication systems. The position also provides logistical support for various public-facing events. This role is essential to keeping the cross-departmental use of space and shared resources well-coordinated. As such, the Operations & Events Manager must be administratively savvy, calm under pressure, and comfortable balancing a mix of priorities. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, dynamic, detail-oriented and deadline-driven individual who excels in a fast-paced creative environment and thinks both strategically and logistically.
- Manage the operations of the organization’s administrative systems, equipment, and building resources with an eye toward keeping the organization running as steady and efficiently as possible. This includes a significant role in coordinating and monitoring the organization’s master calendar of activities.
- Serve as front line ambassador for the organization during public hours, fielding public inquiries in person, by phone, and over email.
- Manage a robust program of weekday and weekend rental activities, with the goal of attracting new prospects and increasing rental revenue and efficiency.
- Act as a point for coordinating the orientation and training of new staff and interns, and the exit process for departing staff and interns.
- Along with the Director of Operations, interface with the National Park Service (NPS) on issues connected to Headlands’ operations in the park, and share news of NPS activities with staff and other key organizational partners.
- Assist with the organizational archives and maintenance strategy for Headlands’ commissioned artist spaces.
- At least two years of administrative or operations experience preferred.
- Demonstrated awareness, experience, and competence in working with a diverse socioeconomic, multi-racial, and multicultural communities.
- Able to work independently and effectively collaborate with the full team.
- Able to prioritize shifting demands and responsibilities.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office is required; familiarity with FileMaker Pro or other database software, and basic design and web skills are strongly preferred.
- Interest in and familiarity with contemporary art is a plus.
- Employee must be able to assist with events, which includes occasional lifting and moving of AV equipment and furniture (approximately 25 lbs).
- Due to our Marin Headlands location, reliable vehicle access is required.
This is a full-time, exempt position and requires some evening and weekend hours. The salary range for this position is $50,000–$55,000. The total compensation includes a generous benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off (PTO).
Anticipated start date is early to mid-July.
Headlands Center for the Arts is committed to a diverse and pluralistic workplace. People of Color and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email a single PDF attachment that includes a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should be Operations & Events Manager/your name.
Review of applications will begin May 21, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Please note: Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates who will be invited to interview will be contacted.