Named a top D.C. startup to watch in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Quorum is software built for public affairs, providing one place for stakeholder engagement, legislative tracking, and grassroots advocacy. Thousands of public affairs professionals use Quorum for their work in Congress, all 50 state legislatures, major U.S. cities, and the European Union.
Quorum is 100% bootstrapped, having never raised venture capital funding, and works with organizations like Coca-Cola, the United Nations Foundation, Sierra Club, General Motors, and Lyft.
The Event Marketing Associate will help enable demand for Quorum by delivering exceptional event experiences to our current and potential customers. They will help accelerate our new and expansion business sales process, and fill our pipeline with new leads and opportunities. The ideal candidate will thrive in close collaboration with members of our Business Development and Customer Success teams.
- You have at least one year of experience working in event or field marketing at a B2B SaaS company (or have comparable experience executing events that measurably help to close or source subscription-based sales)
- You are passionate about creating exceptional event experiences, and are always thinking about how to execute events that deliver the “Wow” factor to audiences
- You are comfortable leading complex projects that require buy-in and participation from multiple stakeholders on multiple teams
- You are dedicated to testing new and innovative approaches, measuring results, and learning how to improve your work
- You want to be a part of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive team environment where you regularly express concern for team members’ success and well-being
- You are an especially competitive candidate if you thrive in a collaborative environment and prefer working on teams that depend on each other for success
- You are a superstar if you’re relentlessly reliable—always completing high-caliber projects on schedule
- We’re a close-knit team of innovative, hardworking, and optimistic people who value responsibility, productive discourse, and personal growth
- We work hard to deliberately develop our team member’s careers. We are voracious learners and will be your mentors, confidantes, and supporters
- Our team is dedicated to building and growing a remarkable company. Working at Quorum is unique and particularly fulfilling because each team member’s work directly impacts the company’s success
- We use A|B testing to optimize how we do our jobs on a daily basis
- We are a small team, so we pitch in wherever needed
What You’ll Do
- First Week: Take stock of our existing events strategy, learn about the landscape of Quorum’s market, and become an expert on Quorum’s target buyer personas
- First Month: Establish guidelines and a framework for collaboration with Quorum’s Sales and Customer Success teams to ensure that event marketing resource meets their needs and are fully utilized
- First Six Months: Regularly execute field marketing events as a resource to help our Sales and Customer Success teams, and work with team members to measure which events most effectively help to close deals and identify prime new prospects
- First Year: Enable and generate predictable demand for Quorum by delivering exceptional brand experiences, accelerating our sales cycle, and scaling Quorum’s event marketing program—all aligning to make a significant impact on the growth trajectory of our startup.
Our Work Environment:
- We work in a vibrant, sunlit space in our modern, open concept office
- Our office building is located in the heart of downtown DC, easily accessible by metro, bus, and rideshares. It is also in close proximity to great restaurants, food trucks, shopping, and popular happy hour spots
- Our team loves to spend time doing fun things outside of the office, which we call Quorum Fun events. Past Quorum Fun events have included apple picking, yoga, and wine tasting
Do you want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works? Drop us a line. We'd love to talk to you!