New York, New York
As the Coordinator, you will be entrusted with all aspects our live and online events. Working as part of our marketing team, you will be responsible for event research, planning, and management in support of our 13 offices across the U.S. and U.K. The Event Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing in New York and will work closely with other Marketing team members, consulting and sales executives across our 13 offices locations to implement strategic, impactful events and webinars.
- Oversee the planning, logistics, coordination, and project ownership for all of Microdesk’s events, webinars, and industry-related engagements across the US and UK.
- Research industry trade shows, events, and speaking engagements whose audience aligns to our targets.
- Manage all sponsorships, including researching opportunities and leading contract negotiations
- Develop and execute integrated plans for attendance at each event which includes internal kickoff, overall onsite experience, pre- and post-event campaigns, staffing, on-site logistics, and internal alignment on goals
- Work with Marketing team to drive content strategy for events – pulling in key stakeholders to recruit speakers and develop presentations and collateral – to ensure we deliver quality presentations and inspiration to attendees
- Facilitate ongoing staff speaking and presentation skills program including assisting event speakers with presentation preparation, including speech writing, PowerPoint development, presentation practice
- Socializing events with key stakeholders across the company to ensure buy-in, including sales, business development, and consulting staff
- Supervise the hand-off of leads to sales, ensuring the sales team is armed with the enablement materials they need to follow up quickly and effectively, and leads are tracked correctly in CRM system
- Provided monthly ROI reports on all events, webinars, and industry attended activities
- Bachelor’s degree
- B2B event marketing and coordination experience, including webinars, live events, and conferences / tradeshows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using ActOn (or other similar marketing automation / email platform); Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator); Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); and Microsoft Dynamics and/or Salesforce (or other similar CRM)
- An understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and database systems as they relate to storing, tracking, retrieving, and analyzing marketing data.
- Global marketing experience, particularly in the UK, a plus
- Understanding of the Architectural, Engineering and Construction industries, a plus
Recommended Work Traits
- Proactive self-starter
- Strong communication, interpersonally, and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work based on deadlines and solve problems.
- Strong understanding of integrated marketing communications branding.
- Comfort level with working in a growing, high-energy organization with a “start-up” attitude.
- A team player who is highly communicative and collaborative with others both inside and outside the organization.
- Willingness to take initiative and bring new ideas and solutions to the table.
Microdesk is a design technology consultancy with 13 offices globally that provides the architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing industries with premiere consulting, implementation, support, and training solutions using today’s leading technology products from Autodesk, Google, IBM, and Microsoft. We are dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees. Microdesk, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees. Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.