Special Events Manager, Corporate Events
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
The Position: Special Events Manager, Corporate Events
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about creating incredible event experiences that generate moments of engagement, learning and interactions that have attendees feeling excited and proud to be a part of the Mendix Maker Community. You will be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of all ancillary events happening at Mendix corporate events including our flagship event, Mendix World, which hosted 4,000 attendees in 2019, along with other industry events throughout the year.
The Special Events Manager will collaborate with multiple teams to create ‘must-attend’ industry events through high-quality content and unmatched experiences for a breadth of audiences including customers, partners, technology ecosystem partners, analysts, press and others. The Special Events Manager reports to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Events.
• Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Corporate Events to develop strategies aimed at generating incremental revenue and participation in events.
• Act as the Liaison and primary contact for event participants handling all requests and inquires.
• Work with vendors organizing the logistics for event day.
• Manage all special event related messaging in working with the digital and communications teams, including collateral materials, social media, website creation and e-mail campaigns.
• Consistently bring new ideas to the team to drive attendee engagement and brand awareness.
• BA/BS degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced and changing environment
• 3-5 years of event/contract planning
• 2-4 years of using events to drive Brand Awareness, Demand Generation and Sales Enablement is a plus
• Exceptional project management skills with attention to detail
• Ability to multitask to meet deadlines and work across teams to deliver on deadlines
• Ability to work independently—and with a sense of urgency
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Ability to travel 25% or more during peak periods
• Proficiency with MS Office, Office 365 and Excel
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.