Okta is looking for a Global Corporate Events leader who has experience building and scaling a centralized events function and leading a high performing team of event marketing professionals.
The corporate events team is responsible for executing and ensuring a world-class audience experience at the company’s most influential internal and external events including our annual customer conference (Oktane), large scale Okta-hosted regional events, company kickoff, global sales kickoff, investor day, executive summits and launch events. As all of these events are growing rapidly and new events are being added every year, we need a leader who will drive consistency and efficiency across our event management processes to ensure we can scale and continue to deliver the great experience our audiences have come to expect.
We want a proven and experienced team leader with big ideas, but we also need someone who likes to roll up the sleeves and dig in on any details necessary to ensure success.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the near and long term team vision and strategy for the Corporate Events team
- Drive economies of scale through a centralized team and resources that can be extended across multiple events
- Partner closely with business leaders to ensure cross-functional alignment on event goals and target outcomes
- Manage and mentor a high-performing team of event marketers to ensure goals and audience expectations are always exceeded, and the Okta brand is well represented
- Maintain a network of partners to assist with various aspects of event management, including venue sourcing, production, branding, and onsite logistics.
- Track ROI, engagement, and audience feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events
- 10+ years experience running corporate event marketing at a Cloud/B2B/Enterprise Software company.
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of event management, logistics, vendor negotiation, and marketing. Moscone experience a plus!
- Exemplary executive presence and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to stakeholders.
- Strategic and out-of-the-box thinker with broad perspective and proven ability to execute.
- A dedicated leader who is passionate about creating amazing experiences.
- Data-driven, budget-conscious, creative thinker
- Exceptional client and vendor management skills.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.