Position Title: Events Assistant
Supervisor: Events Manager
Department: Director’s Office
Grade: 53, non-exempt, union
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week, evenings and weekends as needed
Looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to provide support to the Events Manager in the planning and execution of institutional events. This includes: cross-departmental collaboration, coordinating with vendors (caterers, staffing companies, event supply companies), staffing events, processing invoices, and other event-related and administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the coordinating of logistics for Music at Dumbarton Oaks concerts, including
scheduling, renting of equipment, instrument tuning,; process and manage subscription and ticket sales for concerts; and prepare subscription packets for annual mailing.
• Prepare and send accommodation confirmations for incoming scholarly guests; request access badges and prepare accommodation packets for guests; maintain accommodations calendar and field inquiries; send internal communications to staff regarding accommodation schedules; and submit monthly accommodations financial reports to the Finance department.
• Create and manage events through the events database, while working with other departments to stay on schedule for event announcements and preparation leading to the event date. Assist with building and sending event announcements, reminders, and invitations, including preparation of guest lists and RSVP tracking. Work closely with Communications team to organize social media and website announcements with announcements of events.
• Support event planning by arranging for catering, preparing badges and place cards, and updating the shared event schedule with event details such as venue set-up and AV checks.
• Track departmental budget expenses; process department visa statements, check requests and process invoices.
• Handle email correspondence for the Events and Concerts email and phone accounts, exercising the utmost professionalism in communication.
• Maintain guest lists in Salesforce databases: update event contacts and concert series subscribers, input guest lists, and track attendance.
• Provide back-up to Events Manager for additions and changes to the Dumbarton Oaks master calendar.
• Work at events to assist with registration, onsite event set-up and general event flow.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two years of event experience.
• Experience working with a CMS database
• Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
• Excellent communication skills and writing abilities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
• Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize while meeting a deadline.
The position remains open until filled. Please forward résumé and cover letter detailing relevant qualifications by clicking the link below.
Dumbarton Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).