- Madison, WI, USA
- Full Time
Full-Time staff are full-benefit elligible!
The Wedding & Social Events Manager will be responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of conference and catering services for The Edgewater. This position acts as the liaison between the client, sales team, food & beverage department and the operational staff to ensure the seamless execution of events. The Key Focus Area of this position and primary deployment is centered around Weddings and Social Events, including galas, graduations, anniversaries, baby showers, celebrations of lives, family reunions, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and manages strong client and guest relationships.
- Works with client from start to finish, including initial sharing of pricing, property tour, contracting, detailing event and greeting the client on site at many events (not all).
- Ensures a timely response to client and guest inquiries with the expected response time of one business day or less.
- Establishes follow-up communication on assigned finalized social contracts, ensures the seamless transition from sales to execution phase of events.
- Increases sales through enhanced packages, amenities, dcor, food, liquor or other items.
- Act as onsite contact for all assigned groups, as well as working with the client to produce BEO's and Resumes and other communications in a timely manner. Ensure that all special arrangements - Food & Beverage, Audio Visual, and other requests are properly documented on BEO's and signed by authorized representative and complete 2 weeks prior to event.
- All Pop-Ups within 72 hours must be walked to Operations including Exec Chef, F&B Director, and Banquet Manager.
- Accurately quotes and charges all deposits; receive and process deposit payments.
- Negotiates with outside vendors for outside materials, FF&E, as necessary.
- Work together with Director of Catering & Conference Services to ensure open lines of communication and teamwork are maintained with all staff.
- Oversight of final invoicing and billings with the clients; dispute resolution.
- Maintains accurate and complete files/paperwork.
- Anticipates and resolves guest service concerns by providing solutions in a prompt and professional matter.
- Acts as a liaison between Sales and the Guest while following-up and keeping all appropriate Team Members aware of pertinent informational changes or any irregularities.
- Works with social clients in all aspects during their planning stages, as well as onsite coordination for upcoming events, to include the preparation and distribution of all necessary paperwork.
- Coordinates and assist with banquet menus pricing and revenue minimums using current competitive data.
- Works closely with the Banquet Managers and their team to create and ensure quality levels are being met on a daily basis as well as enhancing overall banquet set-ups.
- Consistently available to assist with special projects and events and willingly accepts related responsibilities.
- Ensures communication is conveyed to all appropriate areas within the Hotel and resolves any outstanding issues or problems to ensure a quality product delivery and guest satisfaction.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and company policies, especially as related to event restrictions, collection of deposits, billings and collection of funds.
- Finalizes the program/agenda with client and checks all scheduled functions one hour prior to start time.
- Reviews event sheets and works with appropriate departments to ensure quality and satisfaction.
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the industry.
- Has a flexible schedule including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Works with DOCCS and Director of Marketing to formulate prospecting plan to generate additional revenue, while also responding to incoming wedding/social leads
- Receives training and increase proficiency over time in Opera, Delphi and other programs necessary to complete the tasks.
- Participates in hotel/company-wide committees, meetings and/or activities as requested by DOCCS.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business, Sales or related study.
- A minimum of two years of experience in catering and event planning field.
- Excellent personal computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office software and at least one (1) year experience with Delph, Opera and/or comparable convention management software.
- Possess above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle difficult situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position may require evening and weekend work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and minimal travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.