Position Title: Manager of Donor & Member Relations/Special Events Coordinator
Department: Development and Communication
Reports To: VP Development and Communication
The Manager of Donor & Member Relations/Special Events Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the management, expansion, maintenance of the Museum’s Friends (membership) program and the coordination of that program with the Museum’s marketing and development strategic direction and activities. The position is responsible for:
- management and maintenance of the Museum’s development database,
- identification of new prospects for participation in the Friends program,
- analysis and reporting of relevant donor and program data on a regular basis and as requested by the VP Development and Communications, the President and CEO, the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees, and any other committee or group associated with the Museum as requested.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for special events using the Museum facilities including but not limited to: Cocktails and Collecting, the Museum’s Annual Gala, the community gallery, and other special meetings and events at the Museum (Chamber of Commerce, United Way, etc.) that impact membership and donor relations.
- The Position will maintain a customer service and stewardship-centered philosophy through our relationship management process by creating and implementing strategies to cultivate, acknowledge, thank, and engage members and major donors.
- Develop, seek approval for, take the lead on, and implement membership plans to ensure annual goals and growth in revenue and participation;
- Develop and implement action steps and strategies to renew current members, reduce the number of lapsed members, and increase members;
- Work in tandem with staff in multiple departments to develop an annual plan for the development of membership that includes: on-site sales, an annual membership drive, annual fund solicitations, renewal communications including mail, social media and personal contacts, membership program, and special events and promotions;
- Work with the VP Development and Communications, the Development Committee, and the Office of the President to help identify major donor prospects and grow participation and engagement;
- Create and manage a donor stewardship plan, including the drafting of acknowledgment letters
- Assist with strategy and logistics of member/donor cultivation events;
- Responsible for overseeing gift processing in the Museum’s donor database;
- Deliver reports and analytics regularly and as assigned; and
- Meet annual benchmarks for member growth and participation.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of non-profit experience preferred;
- Membership and/or development experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Altru or similar database management system required
- Proven ability to multi-task;
- Strong project management abilities, attention to details, and oral and written communication skill.
- Demonstrated literacy in MS Word, Excel & Outlook; and,
- Vision, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit are important in this position
- Some evenings and weekends throughout the year required.
The Art Museum is an equal opportunity, equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com