The Director/VP of Live Events and Entertainment at Univision Radio/Uforia will be responsible for developing and executing a live events strategy to drive new revenue opportunities for Univision Radio and Uforia. The Director/VP will work closely with other division leaders including market presidents/GM’s, programming, sales, digital content and business development in executing such strategy. This position will focus on revenue generation and be ROI driven, the live event leads is a dependable, highly efficient, and reliable problem-solver who is comfortable navigating new and / or time-sensitive situations and exercises discretion related to confidential materials and company information. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, deep financial analytical skills, prompt and clear communication skills, analytical problem-solving ability, and an orientation toward execution.
The head of live events and entertainment will have P&L responsibility for the events business and will be the primary point person between Univision radio and external stakeholders including venues managers, third party event promoters and production services and vendors. He/she will review event P&L, seek efficiencies and negotiate across a broad list of vendors and service providers. The head of live events and entertainment will also ensure that the brand attributes of Uforia are kept in check as the live event strategy is executed.
• Oversee Uforia concert series P&L, and concert series execution. This includes oversight of event P&L, production managers, and existing agreements with third patty co-promoters.
• Responsible for developing and implementing live events business initiatives by ensuring successful planning, execution & roll-out to accelerate growth and efficiencies of existing and new live event concepts.
• Responsible for synthesizing large amounts of information to transform them into insights to share with the team, conducting ad hoc relevant analysis and manage business planning, including operations, goals setting and monitoring and budgeting.
• Implement short and long-term programs and processes to optimize department work flow.
• Organize and facilitate meetings as necessary (e.g., creating agendas, taking notes and action items, drafting correspondence, and following up to see action items through to completion).
• Serve as a liaison to cross-functional groups across the entire company
• Compile, author, and edit briefing materials and build presentations as requested
• Identify and negotiate co-promotion partnerships to execute on a live events strategy to drive new revenue and brand building efforts for the Uforia brand.
• Drive creative development of initiatives in coordination with key content partners
• Build a world-class Live Events team, of internal and external team members and build a culture of discipline and rigor and with direct management of a cross-functional team across category/marketing, creative and product
• Partner with legal and Business Affairs to ensure appropriate rights management across the portfolio of events.
• Manage current partnerships and vendors to ensure quality execution
KEY INTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS:
KEY EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS:
Required Skills & Experience
Desired Skills & Experience
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.