CARAS is seeking a talented, dedicated, passionate professional to work with the President / CEO and Senior Team to deliver on the organization’s strategic plan and business goals.
She/he will be responsible for the overall business operations of the organization, shall implement policies established by the Board of Directors, provide leadership, direction and guidance to staff and will analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of all departments.
Strategy and Goal Delivery
- Ensure the business operates within the company's mission statement and strategic plan; work with all departments to translate the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s administration function and performance.
- Continually monitor music industry (and other cultural) developments to help CARAS stay ahead of the curve, and develop/redevelop the strategic plan as required.
- Work with 3rd party partners to develop relationships and execute initiatives and drive direction with those partners.
- Oversee Company’s business operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service levels, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes and systems.
- Ensure governance and elements of the Board of Directors are in place and executed including facilitation of Board meeting context and ensuring the strategic plan is aligned based on Board direction.
- Review and execution of contracts, including content development, based on strategic direction and business plans.
- Work with legal counsel on issues that require legal review and deal with any issues of concern.
- Oversee the budget and reporting process, including collaborating with department managers and the controller to develop financial plans.
- Ensure financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments.
- Help drive the business to increase revenues and lower costs effectively and efficiently.
- Review and approve financial results with all departments.
- Work with all levels of government to educate on economic and cultural impact of the organization’s four pillars.
- Oversee funding proposals and applications for sustainable funding.
- Help maintain and support a positive, results-oriented learning environment in a stable, healthy, and forward-thinking organization.
- Work with department heads to get the best performance from staff.
- Analyze the performance of departments and make recommendations for improvement.
- Organizational behaviour discussions as required to support the work culture.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a leadership role for a not-for-profit or a business-related organization.
- Passion for the mission of CARAS.
- Five years or more of experience in the music sector is a distinctive asset.
- A track record of sound financial management and accountability, including developing budgets and business plans.
- Skilled at prudently assessing and managing risk.
- Experience and understanding contract development, review and execution.
- Familiarity with negotiation and administrating collective agreements.
- Background in human resources and organization behavior, including policy and practices implementation.
- Exceptional organizational and decision-making skills, as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills to provide effective management and direction to staff.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to the Board and external parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or experiential equivalent.
- Motivated and empathetic, with a genuine ambition to make a positive difference to an organization.
- Ability to remain calm and provide solid direction, especially during intense periods.
- A passion for the music industry in Canada and a commitment to CARAS and the industry.
- High professional standards and integrity.
- Strong financial acumen and business savvy.
- Agile thinker who pays attention to detail and is able to set and manage priorities effectively.
- A strong consensus-builder with a collaborative and collegial approach.
- An analytical and evaluative problem-solver who can come up with solutions to problems and have the power to implement them.
- Acts responsibly and with integrity, in the best interests of the organization.
- Conducts behavior and actions in accordance with CARAS’ values.
CARAS offers competitive compensation and benefits, commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé no later than August 9th, 2019, to: CARAS@searchlightpartnersgroup.com
CARAS is an inclusive employer and strives to ensure that it represents Ontario’s diversity.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.