Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
The Event Manager will produce events from conception through completion. This position will provide outstanding customer service and be responsible for planning and execution of events that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. The Event Manager will work well within time limits to plan, resource, and manage the events. Excellent people skills are a must as the position will be working with customers directly to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction. This role involves managing details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
Job Components :
- Manage, plan, and oversee all elements of the planning and execution of company meetings and events
- In charge of budget preparation and tracking throughout the fiscal year.
- Serve as liaison to hotels, convention bureaus, airlines and service providers to the meeting planning industry staying within the guidelines of the Company’s mission statements and philosophies
- Ensure meetings/events are aligned with the company’s strategic initiatives by weaving the vision into the meeting framework
- Liaise and consult with leaders (Officers to Managers) to define the scope and objectives of the meeting/event
- Define meeting strategy and build project plan for successful execution
- Collaborate with internal clients, colleagues and 3rd parties across multiple regions/time zones
- Drive cost savings and efficiencies throughout the event planning and travel processes
- Recognize opportunities for process improvements and implement as appropriate
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with clients, identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to conduct market research and gather information related to requested events and meetings.
- Negotiating contracts.
- Able to articulately propose ideas to improve services and event quality.
- Manage all event details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Take the lead on handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Manage the follow-through of conducting pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Responsible for site inspections and selections.
- 5+ years experience in event planning in all aspects of job
- Demonstrate Organizational Skills
- Demonstrate leadership and integrity in all negotiations
- Strong communication & relationship skills
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Minimum of 25% travel
Scope Data :
- Work independently with only broad general direction
- Regularly makes decisions relating directly with bottom line budget for the company
- Accountable for developing, managing and implementing budget
- Regular interaction with all management levels to plan, negotiate, provide direction, exchange information and influence decision-making
Work Environment :
- Ability to sustain posture in a seated position, as well as stand/be on feet for prolonged periods of time.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 10+ lbs.
- Office environment but may be exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Prolonged use of personal computer & telephone.
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.