Coordinator, Corporate Events
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Public Affairs, the Coordinator, Corporate Events, is primarily responsible for supporting the development and execution of special events. The Coordinator is a proactive, self-starting individual who is passionate about delivering events that achieve their objectives through disciplined, thoughtful planning and a high standard of execution. The incumbent is a strong multi-tasker and project manager who can balance multiple competing priorities through sound time management, exceptional organizational skills. An instinctive trouble-shooter and problem-solver, the incumbent thinks on their feet and has an eye for detail. The individual is able to maximize their effectiveness by working independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, Public Affairs, plans and executes special events and public relations activities across the country that support the Mint’s various lines of business
- Proactively researches potential event venues and makes strategic recommendations to the Senior Manager, Public Affairs
- Responsible for outreach to potential event partners and maintains partner liaison throughout event planning and execution process
- Responsible for the proactive gathering, production and timely distribution of all required documentation to prepare senior management, Board members and other stakeholders for all events
- Responsible for outlining, compiling and updating all elements of event briefing books
- Liaises with and monitors suppliers to ensure seamless execution of event logistics across the country, traveling domestically and internationally to personally manage logistics
- Diligent and assertive in supervising suppliers to ensure all events meet a high standard
- Is willing to work on an “on-call” basis, including periodic extended hours to meet multiple/tight deadlines
- Maintains, updates and distributes (on a weekly basis) a calendar of corporate events to inform senior leadership and relevant internal teams.
- Oversees communications budgets to ensure that special events are executed within the allocated budget.
- Prepares status reports for the Senior Manager, Director and senior management as requested.
- College diploma or certificate in event planning or a combination of education and relevant work experience will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of related business experience
- Bilingual (English and French) mandatory
- Excellent project management skills
- Research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strategic thinking
- Autonomous problem solving
- Experience dealing with external contractors and agencies
- Experience dealing with executives and wide range of VIPs
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and all core business software
If you qualify for the mandatory requirements, and if the above describes your abilities and interests, please forward your resumé and cover letter in confidence to:
Royal Canadian Mint, Human Resources,
320 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 0G8
Fax : (613) 998-0272
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Royal Canadian Mint promotes equity in employment: As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from women, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.