A Los Angeles based position, based out of the club’s premises in Beverly Hills and responsible for the sales, contracting, operational and procedural planning, execution and delivery of events for Spring Place. Utilizing expertise to implement the creative, technical and logistical elements that help an event succeed (event design, build strategies, audio-visual production, networking, logistics, partner sourcing, partner management, asset management, budget management, negotiation, and client service).
Working alongside the Cultural Programming and Operations teams and supported by the Special Events Coordinator, the role will manage all aspects of the member event production process – participating in the scheduling and production concepting, to implementation and preparation, running the show, to load out and wrap. The Director of Special Events is a key executive and highly demanding role responsible for working effectively with both internal teams and external suppliers, talent and partners to flawlessly deliver an event program that drives results against established strategic brand and commercial objectives, timelines and financial goals.
- Act as lead executive for the events that make up the cultural calendar for members at Spring Place Beverly Hills.
- Working very closely with the Event Programming and Operational teams, scope out the detailed requirements needed to optimally deliver each event in the respective space allocated.
- Specify technical equipment for all events and advise the Event Programming and Operations teams when and where purchases or hires are most suitable.
- Write risk assessments and method statements, ensuring that Health and Safety policies and Licensing requirements are adhered to at all times on property.
- Draft budgets for aspects of all events as directed. Track budget costs throughout the course of event planning and communicate scope changes that effect budget in a clear manner to the Director of Operations, GM, and CFO.
- Take part in periodic reviews of the uptake, success, operational impact, costs and value of the event programming calendar at Spring Place Beverly Hills.
- Field inbound queries from our community and prospect culturally relevant tent pole events within the immediate area, working with the Senior Membership team to maxmizie revenues and membership acquisition, renention and engagement with our events.
- Source and contract third-party suppliers as required, obtaining quotations to ensure best value for money for the organisation.
- Produce kit lists, production schedules and all other related paperwork such as risk assessments, technical requirements, and budgets for events as required.
- With the Operations Manager, collate, review, assess, sign off and distribute any third party risk assessments
- Ensure that all parties involved in the execution and delivery of the events are both familiar and compliant with the Health and Safety policy and all associated policies, procedures and methods of working at Spring Place Beverly Hills.
- Utilize strong internal partnership skills while working cross-functionally with internal teams in order to ensure that events are implemented to the satisfaction of stakeholders as required, and that the vision for events are delivered against.
- Monitor the expected attendance at planned events, keeping an eye on member and guest numbers, and ensuring the spaces booked and event production plans in place are sufficient to cater for the anticipated turn out.
- Attend on site events to liaise with talent, manage and oversee event production and execution, and ensure all aspects of events run smoothly.
- Follow up, post events, with the Event Programming team, Operations colleagues and GMs, to conduct post mortems and establish action plans going forwards. Utilize this process to refine event planning and strategy.
- Lead the administration of weekly Pipeline and Event Order meetings as well as serve as lead administrator of Triple Seat software.
- Take part in post event reconciliation of all event expenses, including ensuring vendor invoices are accurate and paid, and that all overheads reflect the approved event expense.
- Participate in brainstorms to develop new programming strategies and executional formats.
- Attain established quarterly and annual event revenue targets and margins as set by the CEO, US GM and CFO.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- In individual with significant experience of Production Management within a multi art form venue, or on large scale productions, or other multi disciplinary performances and events heavy on food and beverage and luxury level execution.
- An expert project manager, who anticipates project needs and proactively delivers solutions.
- Someone with an in depth contacts book of event and production services companies, technicians, suppliers and providers, educated on the latest event technologies, and the ability to weave these in to event experiences seamlessly.
- A proven sales leader that can meet desired targets with a robust rolodex of local Los Angeles event planners and firms within the arts, media, film, entertainment, culinary, and fashion industries.
- A versatile and capable leader who can liaise effectively across operational and marketing disciplines to exceed service expectations and maximize attendees to Spring Place hosted and sponsored events, as well as provide clear and concise direction, guidance and support to the supporting coordinator role.
- Knowledge of temporary power supply systems, lighting and sound systems.
- An individual with excellent time management and organisational skills, able to establish rapport with others and build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge and practical experience of all relevant Health and Safety regulations important.
- Experience of setting and managing production budgets and other financial processes essential.
- Someone able to work well under pressure in a busy environment, and willing to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays when necessary.
Sister company to Spring Studios, Spring Place is a new, hospitality driven collaborative workspace concept that connects work, leisure and culture for a select community of thought leaders, entrepreneurs and global creative professionals.
Kindly have all resume submissions sent to, HR@SpringPlace.com