At CIBC Mellon, we are passionate about providing excellent client service, an outstanding employee experience, and opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Together, our team of more than 1,300 employees supports and services more than $2 trillion in assets under administration on behalf of institutional investors active in Canada, including banks, pension plans, investment funds and insurance companies. CIBC Mellon employees enjoy extensive training and learning opportunities, and a culture that supports employees as they give back to the communities where they live and work.
We are a company where employees are encouraged to make their voices heard. We work very hard to deliver outstanding client service, but we also believe in having a little fun along the way; we recognize that new ideas and business success flourish in a culture of collaboration, creativity and employee empowerment.
CIBC Mellon employees are engaged, professional and care about each other and their communities. If you're that kind of person, CIBC Mellon is the place you want to be.
To learn more, watch our employee experience video at www.cibcmellon.com/careers.
The Manager, Events and Hospitality is responsible for ensuring the delivery of a high quality experience for CIBC Mellon stakeholders across hosted and sponsored events, with a growing focus on delivering powerful experiences within the company’s own locations. Reporting to the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, this role oversees event marketing, event organization, hospitality and reception activities, as well as selected major corporate internal events.
- Designs, manages and delivers corporate branded events from end-to-end, ensuring superior representation and quality to strengthen CIBC Mellon’s reputation among target audiences.
- With a dotted line reporting relationship to the Assistant Vice President, Corporate and Client Engagement Communication, receive guidance to deliver and execute an event marketing strategy across hosted, shared and sponsored events and raise CIBC Mellon’s profile.
- Manages and maintains events and sponsorship budget.
- Organizes conferences, client and industry events, and host key corporate and client events within CIBC Mellon’s locations.
- Builds relationships with key external event stakeholders, including conference producers, industry associations and parent companies, as well as with internal stakeholders such as senior leadership, relationship management, business development and target spokespeople.
- Contributes to event marketing activities at all levels, including strategy and execution, orchestrating venues, promotional materials, A/V, signage, promotion and audience development.
- Defines and delivers a hosted experience strategy to enable CIBC Mellon to maximize brand value from its offices, including establishing CIBC Mellon locations as premier destinations for client and industry events.
- Plans strategy for participation in industry conferences, trade shows, hosted entertainment and other corporate event activities including major employee events.
- Identifies best practices, cost savings, efficiencies and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Delivers effective event reporting, calendars, and project recaps to support data-driven decision-making.
- Measures effectiveness of events as lead generation, business development and retention programs to advise AVP on opportunities for continuous improvement.
RECEPTION AND HOSPITALITY
- Oversight over reception and welcome experience, delivering powerful and positive first impressions to all CIBC Mellon visitors across national offices.
- Maintain coverage scheduled to support reception and hospitality needs.
- Daily review of corporate internal and client meeting schedule, including catering orders staff capacity, and meeting space set-up.
- Vendor research, selection, oversight, diligence & governance of relevant event and hospitality suppliers to ensure strong performance on behalf of CIBC Mellon.
- People leadership of hospitality and teams, including scheduling, coaching and performance management.
- Efficient and effective deployment of hospitality resources.
- Continuous improvement of alignment and deployment of reception and hospitality team in support of overall event and hospitality goals.
- 5-7 years of event organization and hospitality leadership experience.
- Possesses both a strategic and creative mind, able to spot and analyze trends, and execute flawless experiential productions.
- Effective communicator, able to engage across diverse internal and external audiences.
- Proven project management skills, able to manage multiple competing deadlines.
- People leadership: coaching, mentoring and organizing team members to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across event and hospitality experience .
- Strong attention to detail
Client Focus: Putting the client at the centre of all that we do
Integrity: Acting with the highest ethical standards for our company, our employees and our clients
Teamwork: Fostering collaboration and diversity to empower employees to build relationships and deliver insights
Excellence: Setting the standard for leading-edge solutions, innovation and continuous improvement