This position is responsible for helping develop strategies and business plans for a variety of fundraising and cultivation events. Close interaction with staff members, donors, vendors and volunteers to ensure that all logistical components of the events are established, implemented and executed on time and within budget.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Program Development and Evaluation
• Helps in the development of strategic plans for our events to ensure alignment with the Society’s strategic plan. This includes strategic analysis of current event portfolio to assess ROI (revenue and community engagement) opportunities for development of current events and identifying and presenting business cases for new event opportunities.
• On-going management of objectives and revenue goals to make sure we are on track or if a shift in strategy is required.
• Monitors standards and guidelines to maintain brand integrity of all events.
• Develops annual timelines and key benchmarks.
• Develops, analyzes and reports on monthly progress towards goals.
• Develops and analyzes post-event and year-end statistical reports.
• Develops and implements post-event debrief processes.
• Analyzes trends and identifies need for development or modification of activities.
• Determines requirements for event marketing materials and works with Marketing and Communications department for the development of the pieces.
• Closely collaborates with Leadership Philanthropy and Corporate Giving teams to:
-Help prospect sponsorship opportunities
-Maximize the fundraising potential of the events
-Ensure the right audience is attending
-Stewardship of corporate and individual donors; pre and post events
• Works closely with all disciplines to maximize cross promotional opportunities
Workforce (staff and volunteers) Management
• Provides functional guidance on event planning, organization and execution to Regional teams.
• Develops and implements a Leadership Volunteer structure for needed Committees.
• Assists in stewardship of all event committee members as well as sponsor partners
• Responsible for the development of event budgets, goals and objectives, and operational plans.
• Provides input to the development of departmental goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
• Provides monthly forecasts and other reports on division-wide progress towards event goals.
• Develops program key performance indicators to help track event progress and performance.
• Provides guidance and support to Regional Directors and Regional staff in monitoring budgets and progress towards goals, and in providing monthly forecasts.
Other Duties as assigned.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
1. Specialized knowledge related to event planning for large and small events or other annual giving fundraising events of similar nature.
2. Extensive knowledge of and ability to interact with senior level business and community leaders. An understanding of the local philanthropic community would be beneficial.
3. Knowledge of strategic & operational planning, budgeting, and financial analysis required
4. Proven ability to set and accomplish goals and objectives, establish priorities with minimal direction.
5. Superior interpersonal skills with highly developed verbal & written communication skills:
• Proven relationship management skills with donors and volunteers
• Diplomatic, deal making and influencing skills
• Strong presentation (one-to-one and to groups)
6. Driven and ambitious with the ability to create and achieve goals.
7. Skilled teambuilding abilities. Proven ability to coach or mentor others.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends and to travel to attend meetings, workshops.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Related event management experience and expertise in the area of revenue development, with specifically demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
a. Management of events
b. Seeking corporate sponsorship
c. Recruitment and management of leadership volunteers.
2. University degree or professional certification in fundraising or related business discipline.
3. Three to five years’ experience in conducting special events, revenue development, annual giving, project management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4. Demonstrated experience and a sound knowledge of a comprehensive fundraising program an asset.
5. Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite and Givergy.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values: CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by July 24, 2019.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.