POSITION DESCRIPTION (2019)
Title: Private Events Manager
Supervisor: Director of Education & Visitor Services
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time, Non-Emergency
Tudor Place Historic House and Garden, a 5.5 acre historic estate located in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. is seeking a Private Events Manager. This position is responsible for coordinating all private events including, weddings, corporate events, ‘Tea and Tour’ bookings, group tours, boxed lunches, and private photography sessions. The Private Events Manager is responsible for publicizing and promoting Tudor Place to potential clients, meeting planners, etc. and represents Tudor Place at relevant professional occasions.
WORK SCHEDULE Wednesday through Sunday (35 hours weekly)
- Respond to prospective client email and phone inquiries
- Negotiate and manage all rental event contracts, according to institutional policies
- Organize tour groups, including registrations and confirmations
- Schedule and staff site visits for prospective and contracted clients as needed during business hours, evenings, and weekends
- Coordinate contracted rental event logistics. Schedule vendor access to the site and collect required paperwork for files
- Serve as on site staff for all rentals and organize additional staffing as necessary
- Coordinate special access group tours including but not limited to “Tea and Tour” programs and special programs
- Review, create, and implement marketing and outreach initiatives for rental offerings and public programs; including creation of regular social media postings on Tudor Place official channels as a part of Social Media team.
- Maintain professional relationships with event vendors and contacts
- Ensure all events are in compliance with the Board of Zoning Agreement
- Assist the Visitor Services Assistants with the operation of the museum Visitor Center
- Assist the Director of Education & Visitor Services and the Visitor Services Assistants with programmatic marketing as needed
- Represent Education and Visitor Services as a member of the Tudor Place social media team
- Assist with maintenance of an inviting and organized Visitor Center and Museum Shop; assist with restocking and ordering supplies;
- Manage daily tour and event schedule
- Lead tours of historic house and garden as needed
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree a plus)
- Computer literacy with ability to learn necessary office technologies including Altru, a Blackbaud constituent management system used for museum operations
- Ability to manage needs and desires of various stakeholders during the planning and supervision of events
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions quickly under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Proficient in use of social media
- Experience working with the general public in a museum or other front line position
- Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions
- Proactive attitude, cordiality, and excellent customer service skills
- Desire to work in a historic setting; respect for the preservation of a historic building and its collections
- Experience working with volunteers a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary range is $30,000-$33,000.
Tudor Place prides itself in providing excellent benefits to eligible employees, including paid leave, paid holidays, free on-site parking, and a staff Museum Shop discount.
Please email Helen Hubbard-Davis, Director of Finance & Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Please include “PRIVATE EVENTS MANAGER” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Tudor Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer