Howard Brown Health seeks to hire a dynamic conference planner to coordinate and manage all aspects of education events including an annual 2-day health symposium that focusses on LGBTQ health. This role requires applicants to follow principles of cultural competence and humility, health equity and community engagement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Director of Education to establish the objectives and project plans for department of education events
- Plans and manages the overall activities to ensure a successful conference based on fiscal and attendance goals. Develops project budgets.
- Collaborates with and directs external venue teams and vendors, along with directing and planning internal Howard Brown teams, including; finance, communications, development and executive leadership team.
- Establishes relationships with Howard Brown symposium planning team, Symposium Planning Committee, Abstract Committee and provides administrative support to these committees.
- Coordinates with volunteer specialist to engage and train volunteer team..
- Develops and monitors conference and event project plans, monitoring outreach and engagement, marketing strategies and budget goals.
- Research potential new sponsors.
- Manages Sponsor, Exhibitor and Speaker relationships to enhance the image of the Symposium, the Center for Education, Research and Advocacy (ERA) and Howard Brown Health. Coordinates with vendors, exhibit and other stakeholders during event planning process.
- Oversees procurement processes including negotiation and establishment of contracts for services.
- Assists Director of Education to manage and resolve conflicts.
- Develops communication plan, including outreach list, website and social media content.
- Establishes standardized event procedures and trains staff and volunteers involved in event.
- Manages event set up, tear down and follow up engagement.
- Prepares and produces event supporting documents, including but not limited to contracts, staffing plans, key communications messaging.
- Develops and evaluates the event experience plan, soliciting feedback from stakeholders and implementing changes accordingly. Develops post-event analysis reports.
- Give support to all ERA events as needed.