Conference Event Administrator
Active - FT1 full-time
Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 1033
Job Title Conference Event Administrator
The Location Houston
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is the largest individual-member organization serving managers, engineers, scientists, and other professionals worldwide in the upstream segment of the oil and gas industry. SPE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with members and operations around the world.
The Offshore Technology Conference team is comprised of four people who are dedicated 100% of the time to OTC in Houston and an additional number of people who work on OTC as well as other SPE events in Houston and in Dallas. We manage the program, logistics, marketing, sponsorship fulfillment and applications, the budget, and many other aspects of the event. Our team is a combination of a dynamic group of personalities who manage different areas of OTC and cohesively work together to ensure success and support port of each other to ensure that Offshore Technology Conference is a success
Responsible for event logistics and various activities related to event planning of the Offshore Technology Conference (OTC).
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the OTC Senior Manager, develops and manages event specification guide and function sheets to manage the event details of the conference.
- Coordinates all housing assignments for OTC contractors, internal staff and commercial specialists.
- Coordinates food and beverage event orders for all OTC-related events through NRG Park. Evaluates and implements cost saving options.
- Coordinates sign inventory and requests. Creates signage that supports meeting attendees’ successful navigation of the event as well as determining placement.
- Schedules use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions and onsite meetings, and negotiates details of arrangements with sponsoring organizations.
- Works directly with NRG Park and Freeman to plan technical sessions, industry breakfasts, topical luncheons and various events within NRG Center for Meeting room layout, audio/visual equipment needed, catering, signage, etc.
- Coordinates the event staging guide and oversees distribution to staff and contractors
- Creates letters of invitation to support international visitors with obtaining their visa.
- Assists in reviewing marketing materials along with OTC team members upon request
- Assists program manager with handling the duties of the OTC volunteers and the OTC intern
- Coordinates the content and logistics for the University R&D Showcase and oversees the OTC intern’s role in this activity
- Coordinates shipment of materials to/from OTC from various locations and departments. Serves as the primary liaison between facility, shipping contractors and staff.
- Coordinates the on-site support for sponsoring organizations, to ensure expectations are met and all logistics and catering needs take place as planned alongside the OTC Intern
- Supports team members, as directed by the Senior Manager (including but not limited to taking meeting minutes or running meetings in their absence, sending calendar requests, etc.)
- Assists with post-event reports outlining recommendations for future events, budget reconciliation, and survey results
- Coordinates with internal SPE organizations in support of OTC planning and operations as required.
- Assists Senior Manager with budgetary process as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum 3 years related work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project and/or events management experience required; i.e. hotel industry experience, coordinating with catering services, meeting planning experience.
- Proficient in data management systems in Windows environment including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to balance multiple projects, maintain a fast pace and meet scheduled deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented, organized, excellent follow-through skills
- Willing to work overtime, as required.
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Additional Skills We’d Like to See
- Oil and gas industry experience helpful
- Volunteer and/or non-profit experience preferred
- Adult education and/or technical training experience preferred
- Work in a global or multi-cultural organization, with an understanding of cultural differences in communication style
- One or two years OTC or related industry experience preferred.
What We Offer
If you enjoy long weekends, you will really appreciate our 9/80 schedule which allows for every other Friday off. We also have all of the great benefits that you would expect from a top employer – medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance (starting from your first day of employment – no waiting period) along with a generous 401k program.
Society of Petroleum Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer