The Event Operations Coordinator connects with our customers, our team of Contractors, as well as our venues and suppliers to ensure that all event requirements are met and our customers are satisfied!
What We Offer:
- A core values-driven team and fantastic company culture
- Annual performance bonus, RRSP matching program, 5 paid personal days, in addition to paid vacation days!
- Fun perks, including our monthly socials, office snack bar, birthday lunches, $100 yearly fitness allowance and $100 yearly allowance to step out of your comfort zone
- Company outings, activities and celebrations throughout the year
- Our office is located in beautiful North Vancouver, a 5-minute walk from the shops and restaurants at Lonsdale Quay and surrounded with free parking
- Flexible workstations and stand-up desks!
- Handling customer communication, program creation, venue bookings, workforce resourcing and travel booking
- Preparing event supplies, purchasing supplies, shipping supplies, receiving of shipments
- Communicating our policy and best practice to our contract team, providing training as needed and scheduling
- Managing the event booking tool, workforce resource tool, travel booking process, contractor and supplier invoicing and shipping process
- Supporting our internal customers with program requests, customer meetings and general customer requests
- Maintaining the events space, including the day-to-day organization and cleanliness of all areas in use by Events team
- On-site event coordination, as required
- Implementing and supporting the Events department initiatives and event development
- Supporting with Events team recruitment and training
- Adhering to the Events department purchasing policy and expense management policy
Skills, Qualities, and Experience:
- Experience or familiarity with the team building events industry
- At least one year of team building events experience
- A proactive team player with a can-do attitude is a must
- Excellent planning and organization skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent telephone manner and strong customer service skills
- Fully proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines
Who We're Looking For:
Have you ever heard of A-Players? They are the kind of people who always work hard and strive for success. They like to be surrounded by others like them who are passionate, hardworking, and take pride in everything they do. They aim to be the very best they can be every single day. Our A-Players all align with our core values.
Our successful candidates go to great lengths to learn about who we are and what we do. If all of this resonates with you, and you truly believe that you have what it takes to stand out from all the other candidates, then we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Office hours of operation between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm. Your individual schedule will be confirmed within these operating hours.