The General Manager provides leadership and support for the market in a way that incorporates sound business management practices, assures adherence to company policies, provides accountability for assets, budgets, profitability, personnel, safe work practices, supports sales efforts, and achieves the highest level of customer services possible. This role will advocate and promote the company goals and values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGER AND THE VP OF OPERATIONS
Operational and Team Management
- Branch Adherence to Operational Guidelines.
- Overall management of all local Operations staff.
- Fulfill duties of Operations Manager when they are absent.
- Conduct weekly branch meetings with branch sales and service staff to drive branch performance and promote teamwork.
- Collaborate with business development managers to enhance branch sales performance.
- Minimize controllable costs, such as supplies, shipping, fuel, etc.
- Manage labor hours for efficiency, safety, and government compliance.
- Prevent and resolve customer service issues/complaints with specific focus on retention.
- Making routine goodwill jobsite visits to validate customer expectations are being met.
- Manage HR operations involved in hiring, training and development of all branch employees with a focus on state and federal compliance
- Ensure branch environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Ensure all training and record- keeping documentation are kept up to date.
- Implement and maintain operating guidelines and procedures (SOPs), ensuring all key management controls are in place.
- Understand assigned markets budgets and works to meet or exceed monthly revenue and EBITDA goals·
Skills and Abilities
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the Tradeshow, Events, Hospitality, Audio Visual, and Convention Industries.
- Strong understanding of sales process and able to collaborate successfully with the sales team
- Some understanding of a Profit and Loss statement
- Working knowledge of DOT/Fleet compliance
- Experience effectively managing and motivating others with ability to recognize development opportunities
- Understands the importance of coaching, training and disciplinary action when needed
- Interviewing and employee selection skills
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Issue resolution, negotiating and problem-solving skills with regards to customers and employees
- Ability to adapt to and maintain a varying schedule and be on call or work weekends, evenings, and holidays, as needed
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Recognize the importance of environmental, health, and safety
- Exceptional time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently
- Possess a valid drivers license and submit to an annual driving record review. This position is required to pass a DOT physical. Must be able to pass written and practical driving tests
Position Variances from Standard Position Summary
Physical ability to lift 65 lbs.·
May require some travel
What is required to perform the essential functions.
2+ years of successfully managing a team within the events, hospitality, or related industries
Degree or secondary education preferred
Other Requirements, Knowledge, Skill, Ability or Characteristics
This position is also responsible for developing strategic working relationships with existing clients for the purpose of retention and revenue growth. Ideal candidate has a strong professional presence, is tenacious, and has ability to adapt, organize and multi-task. Knowledge of CRM maintenance preferred. Understands general reporting processes including expenses. Works well independently, Motivated, Strong Territory Management Skills, Strong Presentation Skills, Strong Relationship-Building Skills, Belief in Excellence, Results Driven, Strong Planning Skills. High Ethical Behavior, Unquestionable Integrity and Character
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.