Client Center Events Management Associate
Req #: 190037639
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. Large multinational and emerging companies, institutional investors and individuals all turn to us for capital, insights and solutions.
The J.P. Morgan Client Center is a meeting facility for bankers to welcome clients in a private and sophisticated environment. Our role is to welcome our guests, manage the staff and the facilities as well as maintain and reflect the J.P. Morgan "first-class-experience". We have 35 meeting rooms accommodating anywhere between 4 and 36 people, as well as the ability to host evening events.
The ideal candidate should possess both judgment and experience to successfully accomplish tasks with direct supervision. The individual will apply well-honed skills and adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments.
- Coordination of reservation books via Event Management System
- Co-manage Client Center’s daily meetings and events
- Assist on implementing, developing and following J.P. Morgan Client Center protocols for all client meetings (meet and greet, security protocols, catering set-up, client management)
- Liaise with dining services and conduct weekly BEO meetings
- Assist in surveying client experience and propose solutions based on feedback as needed
- Liaise with staff on various administrative tasks such as but not limited to: invoice processing, scheduling maintenance calls with vendors and order kitchen, banquet and office supplies among others
- Responsible for compiling daily, monthly and quarterly usage reports
In addition, candidate will oversee the following areas:
- Liaise with building management to ensure appropriate facilities maintenance and security
- Scheduling proper coverage for client center (reception staff)
- Troubleshoot and collaborate with midtown client centers when unable to meet demand for space (prioritize client/prospect meetings and relocate to alternative space)
- Maintain existing vendor relationship
- Partner with Lobby Concierge to ensure smooth guest registration and event coverage
- Assist in development of new client centers and/or refresh of existing locations
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality preferred
- 5-7 years of hospitality/events experience
- PR, event management, or hospitality experience required
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate sensitivity and tact at all times
- Solid project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement with individuals at all levels
- Excellent leadership skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multi-task with efficiency and accuracy in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, high-profile environment.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue.