The Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront has been a fixture of Vancouver’s Coal Harbour neighbourhood for many years. In early 2015 the hotel was successfully rebranded to the Pinnacle Hotel Habourfront under the management and ownership of Pinnacle International. The hotel features 35,000 square feet of event space, 442 guestrooms and harbour suites, guest driven amenities, in addition to a location that is right where you want to be. We are looking for an Events Manager to join our team. Hotel Event planning experience is an asset, ability to fit with our amazing, energetic, self starter team is a must. The position will report directly to the Director of Events.
- Build and strengthen relationships with clients through activities that include, but are not limited to site inspections, menu tastings and pre-cons.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers; attend community/social and industry events.
- Actively participate in regular sales and events meetings, departmental meetings, BEO meetings and any other opportunities to increase revenues.
- Meet regularly with the Banquets team to review the status of events, including menus, floor plans, staffing needs, and special requests.
- Ensure all definite functions are detailed accurately on Banquet Event Orders, signed by clients and promptly distributed to designated departments.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to create specialized menus and communicate special requests from clients.
- Monitor the preparation and distribution of Event Sheets and Group Resumes, ensuring all information is complete and distributed in a timely manner.
- Monitor changes to Banquet Event Orders, ensuring updated information is accurately and promptly communicated to respective departments.
- Welcome event contact upon arrival at function and ensure guest satisfaction, promptly resolving guest issues and complaints.
- Monitor, handle and process all billing/payment procedures, including the tracking and collection of deposits.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 2 years experience in banquets / catering capacity within a conference hotel.
- Experience with Opera Sales & Catering (an asset).
- Post-Secondary Education in hotel, banquet / catering management an asset.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada; preference will be given to locally based, market experienced candidates.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize within tight timelines.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions (verbal and written).
- Must be able to show initiative and demonstrate sound logic.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with vendors, and solid knowledge of event space policies, codes, and regulations.
- Confident ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, Meeting Matrix and Opera Property Management System an asset.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the business needs of a 24/7 hotel environment, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
*Thank you for your interest in the Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront; however, due to the number of resumes received only those considered will be contacted personally.**
Full Time Position