Length of term: Monday, November 4, 2019 – Tuesday, March 31, 2020
PDAC 2020: The World’s Premier Mineral Exploration & Mining Convention is a four-day annual Convention held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC). It has grown in size, stature and influence since it began in 1932 and today is the event of choice for the world’s mineral industry. In addition to meeting over 1100 exhibitors and 25,000 attendees from 132 countries, it allows attendees the opportunity to attend technical sessions, short courses as well as social and networking events.
PDAC is looking for a full-time contract Convention & Membership Assistant to aid with pre-show inquires re: membership & convention as well as to work in the PDAC Membership pavilion/booth onsite. Reporting to the Manager, Membership Engagement & Outreach, the Assistant will bring administrative strength to the team, assisting the Manager & Coordinator of Membership. This position is task-driven, requiring the ability to take on multiple responsibilities, and apply initiative to ensure follow-through on projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer membership & convention related questions received via telephone
- Answer general emails received through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assist the Membership Manager & Coordinator with processing membership payments as required
- Administrative support to the Manager & Coordinator of Membership including: booking meetings, writing emails, pulling lists from a database, researching and updating documents, approving / monitoring webinar registrations and surveys, admin assistance with online members forum, website updates, etc.)
- Update membership and convention records in the database
- Some convention registration data entry
- Pre and Post convention – packing/unpacking boxes, shipping follow-up materials, etc.
- Staff the Membership Pavilion/booth onsite (March 1-4, 2020, Metro Toronto Convention Centre) – answering general information questions re: the Convention & the Association
- Other tasks as required
Qualifications and experience
- Previous work experience as an Assistant/Receptionist
- Previous experience in event planning, membership or an Association environment preferred
- Post-secondary diploma and event related experience
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including writing and proof reading and the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy - excellent “people skills”
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Ability to learn quickly, focus on the details and follow explicit direction
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Flexibility and willingness to work on occasional evenings and weekends where required and agreed
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (primarily Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook)
Application deadline: Friday, September 20. Please email a cover letter and resume to Florence MacLeod at email@example.com No phone calls please. Interviews will be conducted as suitable candidates are identified. PDAC would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.