Come and join our amazing team as we work towards gender equality in Canada!
The Canadian Women’s Foundation has an exceptional opportunity for position of Coordinator,
Events and Capacity Building.
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is a national leader in the movement for gender equality in
Canada. Through funding, research, advocacy, and knowledge sharing, the Foundation works to
achieve systemic change that includes all women. By supporting community programs, the
Foundation empowers women and girls to move themselves out of violence, out of poverty, and
into confidence and leadership.
Launched in 1991 to address a critical need for philanthropy focused on women, the Canadian
Women’s Foundation is one of the largest women’s foundations in the world. With the support of
donors, the Foundation has raised more than $90 million and funded over 1,900 programs across
the country. These programs focus on addressing the root causes of the most critical issues and
helping women and girls who face the greatest barriers.
The Coordinator, Events and Capacity Building will be responsible for supporting the coordination, execution and evaluation of Community Initiatives events and other non-revenue generating events of the Foundation. Community Initiatives events include grantee meetings, communities of practice, national skills institutes, and grant advisory committee meetings. Non revenue generating activities include the Foundation’s AGM, holiday party, and participation in public facing events such as the Women’s March and Pride celebrations. The position reports to
the Director, Community Initiatives.
• Coordinate event logistics including but not limited to booking venues and finalizing
contracts, audio visual, food & beverage, obtaining licenses & insurance, travel &
accommodation, interpretation, registration, speaker logistics, shipping and onsite event
• Coordinate logistics for online meetings and webinars, including invitations, participant
tracking, and dissemination of event materials and analytics using GoToMeeting and
• Work collaboratively with all departments to coordinate invitation lists, dates and venue
• Create and update work back plans and critical paths for events
• Manage incoming registrations and event day processes and materials, and lead post event
• Back up support to reception and other administrative functions as needed
• Support other Foundation events as needed and as part of the nation-wide team.
In addition, the successful candidate must understand and perform duties according to the
mission and values of the office and work in a manner that will move forward the
• Diploma or Certificate related to relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
• 2 – 3 years experience in an event, meeting or conference management related role
• Oral and written fluency in English and French
• Understanding of the feminist non-profit sector, and commitment to gender equity
• Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to work as part of a team; excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work
respectfully with a diverse set of constituents including donors, volunteers, vendors, and
• Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated project management skills, with ability
to coordinate multiple projects, and deadlines
• Demonstrate professionalism, judgement and discretion in dealing with constituents and
with confidential or sensitive matters
• Data entry/database management expertise
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs
• Knowledge of GoToMeeting and event platforms is an asset
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and familiarity with fundraising practices and procedures is
We offer an excellent benefits package and a fantastic work environment. This is a position
where you can put your multi-tasking skills to good use, and grow in a fast-paced feminist
team environment. Salary range is $45,000 – 50,000
The Canadian Women’s Foundation is committed to equity in employment and seeks to
attract, select, and hire a diverse team with a high level of professional skills, passion for and
belief in our vision and mission.
Please email your resume quoting reference #C1-06, with a cover letter to:
Your resumes should be submitted no later than October 1, 2019. No phone calls please.
We thank all who have expressed interest in this position, but only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.