Event Supervisor, Campus Events & Associate Event Manager, Ohana Floor
New York - New York
Finance and Operations
Support our New Event Spaces in the Salesforce Tower NY, Ohana Floor & Campus Events Team:
- Event Supervisor, Campus Events (Note: Normal corporate day hours with some night events)
- Associate Event Manager, Ohana Floor, Nights & Saturdays (Note: Needs to flexible to the following hours: Tues to Sat, 1pm to 9pm or 2pm to 10pm depending on event schedule)
Location: New York, NY
Global Real Estate team members are part of an award winning department continually pushing the boundaries of Corporate Real Estate in support of Salesforce’s 130 offices, in 86 cities, accommodating 25,000 employees. From our urban campus, Salesforce Towers, fully activated lobbies and cutting edge workplace designs, we challenge ourselves to strive to surprise and delight our employees and guests every day. In Global Real Estate, we work collaboratively to respond to challenges, motivate each other to do the best work of our lives, and enthusiastically celebrate our successes.
The Events Team, Hospitality and Events, Workplace Services, will support Salesforce NY Ohana Floor or Campus Events. This position can expect direct interaction with executives, customers and partners, lead event planning development and execution in support of Salesforce’s NY campus. This individual will work closely with hospitality, facilities, and marketing teams.
- The position is responsible for the operational excellence for our events and the holistic guest experience including but not limited to: executive receptions, partner events and employee events
- Strong customer service and executive interaction experience
- Ability to multi task many events and projects at one time
- Research and recommend innovative and creative event options and entertainment based on program format and budget
- Understand Salesforce brand and product positioning with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging for all events
- Maintain and update team documents and/or playbooks
- Organize logistics, from beginning to end, for customer facing meetings, town halls, etc.
- Pre, onsite and post event logistical management
- Key Stakeholder for G-Cal calendar management for internal event space
- Co-Manage vendor relationships (agencies, vendors, caterers, etc.) and work with internal teams; Sales, Creative, Facilities, Employee Engagement and Salesforce.Org
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the most favorable terms for goods and services
For the Event Supervisor: 5+ years successful event management experience planning customer centric events, in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment
For the Associate Event Manager: 7 years successful event management experience planning customer centric events, in a B2B, high-tech, fast-paced environment
- Possess strong customer service experience; candidates with a solid events background and are highly personably and service focused
- Ability to manage multi projects at a given time w/a high level of expertise and skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills, with the ability to proactively address client's needs
- Experience in managing budgets, financial planning and tracking
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to creatively negotiate demands
- Results-oriented, customer driven, organized with attention to detail
- Ability to assess and prioritize workload in a strict deadline oriented environment
- Thrive on teamwork and overcoming obstacles
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed - evenings and weekends
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is necessary
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.